• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Power Outage

LMacDonald

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I am a new beardie owner/parent. I live in a rural area which is more common to have power outages due to hurricanes, trees, and etc. Do you have any suggestions of what I could do in the event of a power outage? My little girl is less than 4 months old and her name is Tia. ( short for tigeress) Please help!

Impawsible_Squad

Juvenile Dragon
To keep her warm in a power outage you could wrap her in a blanket and hold her close to your skin. They will absorb the heat that your body produces. Bearded dragons can usually go at least 2 days without heat and their light. Any longer will most likely have negative effects on them

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! I am a new beardie owner/parent. I live in a rural area which is more common to have power outages due to hurricanes, trees, and etc. Do you have any suggestions of what I could do in the event of a power outage? My little girl is less than 4 months old and her name is Tia. ( short for tigeress) Please help!
You can get hand warmers from Walmart and place her in a carrier but they must be covered w/ something as they get hot -dish towels --- small blanket -- etc -- they will last up to 4 hrs ---

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
In addition to the heating packs, you may also need to use a cooling device-cold packs (you can read about these on the websites of many reptile shipping companies, and I believe Goherping on YouTube did a video with them) can be lifesaving if you lose power on a hot day. You can also get a quality battery-operated fan.
If you take her into your car, NEVER leave her unattended. Don't put her tank in the car, because she can quickly overheat and suffer "cooked beardie syndrome".