• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Power outage

jora_angel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Had a power outage last night, and the lights had been out for about 3 hours when I got home. My poor little beardie was cold to the touch, it was probably 55 degrees in the tank. I scooped him up and wrapped the little guy in a soft sweatshirt and headed to sit next to our gas fire with him to warm up. He had a hard time warming and just slept in the sweatshirt. I left him there in a plastic tub with soft things all night, the tub heat was about 72. Woke up in the early early morning because the power turned on and I moved him under his heat light.

He moved from his heat lamp into his tree on the cool side and hasn't moved for about 12 hours. He is in and out of sleep. His color is way darker than normal. He hasn't eaten anything all day. I gave him a bit of water and he licked it for a bit off his nose.
Could his drop in his body temperature last night have pushed him into brumation? I'm worried but hoping it's just natural.
(he's about 2.5, eats correctly, and his enclosure is correct. just shed)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He may just be trying to readjust. Now that he's warm again you could try giving him a warm bath and see if he perks up. Just make sure you hold him while he's in the water so that he doesn't fall asleep and drown. I guess it's possible he could be going in to brumation. My boy has been going in and out of it since about September. It's not fun. Every day I wake up to see if he's going to be sleeping today or if he wants to play :(

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would give him a little time to readjust... Like PatsyB's boy my Izzy is going in and out since Nov..

Latest posts