• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Power cut

luke.bowthorpe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi I have a question. The power is due to be turned off in a couple of weeks time, for the day and I was wondering what was the best way of keeping my beardie warm?

BeardedEddie

Bearded Dragon Egg
if you had a generator to keep the power on in your house that would be sweet!
If not wrap her in a nice blanket make sure the room her tank is in is as hot as can be right up until power goes off

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You might be able to get some chemical heating pads for short term.
If it's long term you may want to invest in a generator, or a gas powered heater like the one below.
MH4B01.jpg

luke.bowthorpe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok thanks. It would just be for the day. I have no generator so I might look into heat pads.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They have those hand and foot warmers that you might be able to attach to the tank somehow and wrap the tank in blanket. I know people that have frogs that used those when their power was out during major storms. My power was out a few weeks ago, only for about an hour and I wrapped my beardie in her blanket and filled bottles with hot water and wrapped those so the critters would at least have a warm spot to sit on.

Big thing.....feed your dragon at least 2 hours before lights out the night before and don't feed it again until the power is back on. You don't want it sitting around all day with undigested food in it's belly.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it is only for one day & your ambient room temps do not drop bellow 65F, you have nothing to worry about. As has already been suggested, do not feed that day.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If it is only for one day & your ambient room temps do not drop bellow 65F, you have nothing to worry about. As has already been suggested, do not feed that day.

This is good to know Germ. I had an unplanned power outage last night, it was only for an hour but I was watching the temps wondering at what point do I need to start trying to keep them warm.

luke.bowthorpe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok thanks for the advice will leave the food till power comes back on and he warms up a bit.

Latest posts