• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Potential scabs on beard?

Savann_aaahhh

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey there everyone, I had to make a new account since I guess I hadn't posted in so long that my old one was just deactivated.

Anyway, I am away at college, and my grandmother who lives nearby is taking care of my Fírnen for me. She's been feeding her well, giving her all kinds of fruits and veggies that she just eats right up, and the same amount of crickets that I had been giving my scaley baby before I left for school. Today I visited and decided to give her a bath since her scales were looking dirty and her beard was looking particularly messy. I figured she is just A messy eater, but it almost looks like she has some scabs, which I noticed a few months ago, but they had gone away. Is this something I should be worried about or is it just stubborn dirt and grime not coming off her with a quick bath? I give her baths with extra soft toothbrushes and warm water.

Below are some pictures of her from before I left for school and pictures from when she was in the sink.
20180626_152819.jpg
20181106_161154.jpg
20181106_161149.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It could be something but it could just be dried on food that might not scrub off but need to come off with a shed. Make sure she's being honest and keeping the tank clean each day and not leaving any uneaten bugs laying around that can bite on her.

Latest posts