• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

lildaviez

Bearded Dragon Egg
could someone please help me I’m unable to visit a vet atm I can’t find benadine anywhere my baby’s tail has gone black and it has to have been quick recently it wasn’t like this a couple days ago I’m very worried any tips or help ASAP!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
could someone please help me I’m unable to visit a vet atm I can’t find benadine anywhere my baby’s tail has gone black and it has to have been quick recently it wasn’t like this a couple days ago I’m very worried any tips or help ASAP!!View attachment 31278
I had some one look at it because I wasnt sure and this is what they said are recomending

Yes it is unfortunately and I'd highly recommend borrowing the money if you don't have it for a reptile vet. I feel bad for you but it can get serious very quickly. Right now there's no way to tell for sure if it's more than the 2 inches that are shriveled, it may be traveling up the tail. Have you looked for Betadine at the drug stores ? Almost all stores would carry it. But I'm 99 % sure that the last few inches of tail should be snipped off.

Please go to the website and find a reptile vet in your area if you are in a small town please type in a bigger cities zip code www.arav.org
Walmart should sell betadine or your pharmacies but please get the dragon into the vet ASAP --- letting it go too long is going to make the condition worse and possibly kill the dragon

lildaviez

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had some one look at it because I wasnt sure and this is what they said are recomending

Yes it is unfortunately and I'd highly recommend borrowing the money if you don't have it for a reptile vet. I feel bad for you but it can get serious very quickly. Right now there's no way to tell for sure if it's more than the 2 inches that are shriveled, it may be traveling up the tail. Have you looked for Betadine at the drug stores ? Almost all stores would carry it. But I'm 99 % sure that the last few inches of tail should be snipped off.

Please go to the website and find a reptile vet in your area if you are in a small town please type in a bigger cities zip code www.arav.org
Walmart should sell betadine or your pharmacies but please get the dragon into the vet ASAP --- letting it go too long is going to make the condition worse and possibly kill the dragon
ofc all the vets nearby are closed untill monday due to New Years and on top of that I have covid so no going out I’m just lost idk what to do at this point

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ofc all the vets nearby are closed untill monday due to New Years and on top of that I have covid so no going out I’m just lost idk what to do at this point
Find a vet first and then see if you can get someone to take the dragon in for you --- they should be able to give you a ball park figure of the amputation --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
all the vets are closed :((
Its a holiday are there no ER vets open -- your gonna want a reptile vet ---- I have asked about the honey so I want you to get some raw unpasteurized honey and start putting that on the tail honey is good for killing the infection I want to see if we can slow it down --- manuka is a example but any raw unpasteurized honey will work --- the organic food sections of your grocery store will have it start putting it on the area where it is getting dark -- straight w/ a Q tip -- NO crickets in the tank they will go straight for the tail ---

Latest posts