• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible tail rot??

harmonhes

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I have a baby bearded dragon. She weighs 38 grams. I’ve had her a little over a week. She eats incredibly well. She eats mainly dubias with occasional crickets and wax worms as a treat. Her enclosure is a 40 gal front opening. She has a 100 watt heat bulb, T8 linear uvb, and a heat emitter turned on at night. Her cool side stays around 78, and her basking spot it 102. She was in shed when I got her (only her head and tail at the time). She still has not shed her tail, and the back end of her tail is darker than the rest of her body. She didn’t like me touching her tail when i first got her, now she is more okay with it. Could it be tail rot? Or is she just still shedding? Pictures attached of her and her tail.

Attachments

• 5FD1F1E5-DF07-4755-9D11-525BEF18C3F8.jpeg
    5FD1F1E5-DF07-4755-9D11-525BEF18C3F8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 75A4F155-C7FE-4854-908F-DFFDFDB48EBF.jpeg
    75A4F155-C7FE-4854-908F-DFFDFDB48EBF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello! I have a baby bearded dragon. She weighs 38 grams. I’ve had her a little over a week. She eats incredibly well. She eats mainly dubias with occasional crickets and wax worms as a treat. Her enclosure is a 40 gal front opening. She has a 100 watt heat bulb, T8 linear uvb, and a heat emitter turned on at night. Her cool side stays around 78, and her basking spot it 102. She was in shed when I got her (only her head and tail at the time). She still has not shed her tail, and the back end of her tail is darker than the rest of her body. She didn’t like me touching her tail when i first got her, now she is more okay with it. Could it be tail rot? Or is she just still shedding? Pictures attached of her and her tail.
Her tail looks fine - you have good lighting going make sure your T 8 is the reptisun bulb they are the best on the market it is inside the tank bulb is not strong enough to go thru the screen No cover over the bulb and distance is directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches

harmonhes

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay thank you so much! My sister also got a beardie that was kept in the same tank as mine. He has a piece of his tail falling off, so I just got a little paranoid lol. I know it’s not contagious or anything.

I do have the reptisun brand. I know it’s supposed to be mounted inside the tank. How can I go about that? I’ve struggled to find a way to rig it inside the tank. Thank you for your help!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay thank you so much! My sister also got a beardie that was kept in the same tank as mine. He has a piece of his tail falling off, so I just got a little paranoid lol. I know it’s not contagious or anything.

I do have the reptisun brand. I know it’s supposed to be mounted inside the tank. How can I go about that? I’ve struggled to find a way to rig it inside the tank. Thank you for your help!
I will post some stuff in the morning to hang w/ -- is your sister's dragon still.in the same tank?

Latest posts