• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible mouth rot?

Mell

Bearded Dragon Egg
I may just be a super worrisome parent but I’m alwags nervous that my little girl could be sick. I noticed a spot on her mouth that concerned me a bit but I wasn’t sure if I’m just being crazy, could this be the start of mouth rot?
0396BA70-91F3-449D-9E40-B8F456450779.jpeg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Keep an eye on it. It may just be left over bug guts or a damaged scale from shedding. Mouth rot usually starts on the inside of the mouth.

Mell

Bearded Dragon Egg
Keep an eye on it. It may just be left over bug guts or a damaged scale from shedding. Mouth rot usually starts on the inside of the mouth.
She did just shed her face that would make sense. Thank you!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like some normal coloring of her scales.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Did you try to scrub it off in the bath? Mine gets discoloration around his face like that from eating, especially bugs. I have a soft little scrub brush for bathing him, and the gunk comes right off.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Still really looks like natural coloring that their scales can get. I look at the scales around their heads and they will vary alot and the ones on their beards can really vary as well as changing to dark scales.

Latest posts