• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible Impaction

dior

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think my bearded dragon swallowed something that they were not supposed to. What can I do to make them poop it out quicker or regurgitate it back up?
From my knowledge, my toddler put a small (live, I believe) bird egg in the tank. They then informed me that the egg was missing.
She is about eight months old, possibly older. She went to the vet earlier and was diagnosed with coccidia, which she is currently taking medication for.

Please help asap! Thank you

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
you should call your vet and see what they recommend. to my knowledge they dont usually eat birds eggs but I'm not sure if they do in the wild. how big was the egg? what kind of bird was it? if its was like a budgie/parakeet egg it should be ok as they are small eggs.

dior

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you so much for responding! I believe it was a Sparrow's egg, tinier than the width of my toddler's palm.

dior

Bearded Dragon Egg
I found this image online that most resembles the bird egg swallowed.

Attachments

• egg.png
    egg.png
    409.8 KB · Views: 10

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
that's way bigger the a budgie egg!!! most reptiles that eat eggs do fine with digesting the shell as it has extra calcium in it. I would watch and see and call your reptile vet for more suggestions.

Latest posts