• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible brumation

Kjmov4

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,
I have my two dragons in separate enclosures and I think they're both brumating but thought I'd describe the situations so I can get some thoughts.

So my boy has been in his hide for the past week or so, seems to always be sleeping or barely keeping his eyes open. This one I'm pretty sure is brumating, he just worries me sometimes as he is my adoption who was without UVB for at least a year, found outside in someone's lawn, and is having shedding problems on his tail. But I check him once in awhile and he seems okay.

My girl isn't really hiding anywhere, but she seems to not go to her basking spot very often, she'll instead hang out on the cool side or just on the outskirts of her basking spot. Temps aren't too hot at the basking spot. She doesn't seem to be sleeping during the day, but she sure isn't wide awake. She still eats when I put food in there and kind of perks up for a little bit afterwards. She is probably just a little over 1 year old.

So for brumating just don't let the temps drop below night temps? Should I do baths/feedings still? Or just let them do their thing until they're ready to wake up again?

Haven't really dealt with the brumation stuff yet so any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Latest posts