• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible brumation?

Playdeadrin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!
Smaug is a year old now and this week I think he may have started brumation. He isn’t eating much, and has been in his hide almost all day. He doesn’t go in his basking spot and has just been in his hide not doing much for the last two days. We are heading into Fall, this is my first beardie so I don’t know what to expect and what should I be worried about. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello!
Smaug is a year old now and this week I think he may have started brumation. He isn’t eating much, and has been in his hide almost all day. He doesn’t go in his basking spot and has just been in his hide not doing much for the last two days. We are heading into Fall, this is my first beardie so I don’t know what to expect and what should I be worried about. Any advice would be appreciated.
Please read this article and if you have more questions please ask
Get a weight on him now please w/ a kitchen food scale weigh in grams --- keep track of it -- just to go over the lighting in the tank please tell me what your using for a UVB -- and where in the tank is it top of screen or inside and if its a coil or a tube fixture

Playdeadrin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Get a weight on him now please w/ a kitchen food scale weigh in grams --- keep track of it -- just to go over the lighting in the tank please tell me what your using for a UVB -- and where in the tank is it top of screen or inside and if its a coil or a tube fixture
His uvb is a t5 inside his tank mounted next to his basking bulb so he gets it when basking

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His uvb is a t5 inside his tank mounted next to his basking bulb so he gets it when basking
Ok make sure the distance for the T 5 is 12-15 inches- it sounds like brumation-- make sure his basking temps are 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- that too will play a part in behavior if they are too cool

Latest posts