• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pooping

how long is ok for my bearie not to poop

• food

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tolieting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smiliemoe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
stitch has been very craby lately. He has not poopped in a couple of days how long is ok? He is also not eating his salad like he was. What should I do?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm old and my memory is getting like aged swiss cheese. So refresh my memory.
How old is stitch?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LK..he is about 3 months.

So for a 3 month old their appetite should be pretty good. He should be eating quite a bit of live prey daily. You should be feeding him 2-3x a day as many crix as he can eat in 10 minutes. The can be anywhere between 25 - 75 and even more a day. If your heat is all your husbandry is accurate he should be pooping at least once a day.

A few questions:
1. what is the temp on the hot side of the tank?
2. you measuring with a digital thermometer?
3. what is the uvb and the %?
4. when was his last soak?
5. what live food are you feeding?
6. how many a day?
7. what greens are you feeding?

smiliemoe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He is eating about 20 crickets a day and 4-5 mealworms once a day. I was giving him romaine but than found that wasn't the best, so now doing mustard greens. I'm still working on the temps they have dropped this week it was 90's . Hes got a UVA light not sure of %. Also how can I bath him when he would let me pick him up :(. I know I need too but he spins on me and hisses than runs. And yes he is about 3 month old. I like the advise and will keep trying

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can stop the mealworms too. They are very difficult for dragons to digest and offer no nutritional value. They could be the culprit for no pooping.

Mustard greens are good, but a variety of veggies and greens is key. I'll provide the link to our food chart at the end of this post.

As far as bathing, I'd do it daily for now. When you go to pick up your beardie, lower your hand in front of his face slowly. With your finger tips gently and slowly put them under his chin, then neck, then tummy. Slowly and gently pick him up.

Bathe him in water no higher than his belly. Let him soak for about 20 minutes. The water temp should be like human baby bath water - 100F or so.

Here's the food chart. You can download it and print it:
Bearded Dragon Diet

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And...you've got to get those temps up, especially with a baby. They should be about 105* measured with a digital thermometer. That along with the correct uvb (reptisun 10.0) and what Renee recommended should help him along.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a beardie who acted just like yours when he was small. You need to not be afraid of him and let him know that as well. After a little while he will get the message that he can hiss all he wants but you are still going to pick him up and put him in his bath. Just make sure you have a firm hold on him and be aware how close his mouth is to your hand at all times. ;D My grumpy beardie is now my most snuggly one. And he still acts like he doesn't like me pick him up but I have the hardest time putting him back in his enclosure. He loves laying on my chest and sleeping and would stay there all day if I let him. Hang in there as he gets older he will be less skittish and lots MORE fun!!

Latest posts