• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pooping on me

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
OK... so this is kinda embarrassing but I'd like some advice on my and my beardie's behavior. I try to take her out after she poops, and when I give her a soak she always goes...but many times if she hasn't gone that day yet, and I take her out, she poops on me. She only does this if I don't hold her right up against my body. It's like she's pooping because she's scared or something. If I hold her close, she snuggles right in and cuddles with her eyes all droopy and arms thrown back totally relaxed like. So I guess my question is...what should I do to help her get used to being out of her tank, not cuddle, without her pooping on my leg, arm, couch, coffee table, etc.?

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Im no expert n I only had my beardie 3 week but when we got Diego n brought him home the first few times we got him out his viv we sat in our hall and shut all the doors over so we could put him down and he can have a run around n he is safe n cnt escape anywhere after 10 mins wen hes had a good look rnd he will cum over amd climb on my shoulder to have a walk around or he will get in my dressing gown n go asleep. It was a bit more difficult takin him into other room as we had 2 block all holes n cover any gaps with pillows covers blankets ect so again he is safe n cnt get stuck or hurt him self. Took him a little longer to settle ob the other rooms but he did eventually. Hope this helps.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Haha how funny I got Diego out not long after posting that post. N he was havin his usual run around then he pooped on the floor first time he uas pooped out his viv well apart from in the bath hehe. He did look at mevas if 2 say 'that 1s 4 u mum' :)

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Trying to think, what did I do differently with Banyon than I am now with Saffron?...came to mind today that with Banyon I used to hold him against my body with a hand gently over his back, and walk around quite a bit. To the kitchen to get coffee, across the room to open the curtains, all the time just walkin around. Maybe all this movement helped him adjust to becoming more independent while outside the tank? Gonna try more moving around and see if it helps. Not good for her to be afraid...eventually it would be good for her to want to go exploring and get exercise.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Haha how funny I got Diego out not long after posting that post. N he was havin his usual run around then he pooped on the floor first time he uas pooped out his viv well apart from in the bath hehe. He did look at mevas if 2 say 'that 1s 4 u mum' :)
I'm sorry I didnt mean to jinx you! lol

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Hehe u really did had him ova 3 weeks n he gets out at least 3 times a day n neva has he pooped anywhere apart from the bath. ;)

Latest posts