• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help with baby beardie poop

Marila123

Hatchling Dragon
hi all!

My beardies stool with urate looked normal up until today. No smell. Clean tank. He's new with us so he's in a new environment about 3 weeks now. Eating so-so. I am including pictures with flash and without. Please help!

Attachments

• IMG_6794.JPG
    IMG_6794.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_6793.JPG
    IMG_6793.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6791.JPG
    IMG_6791.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6792.JPG
    IMG_6792.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 119

Marila123

Hatchling Dragon
Looks normal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Because it didn't have this film covering before. Now it's lighter. I'm including a pic of how it used to be. It was darker shade and no film like stuff on it. Sorry I can't describe it but u can see.

Attachments

• IMG_6796.PNG
    IMG_6796.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6797.PNG
    IMG_6797.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 108

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep, looks good. Be thankful for the film haha it seems to help trap some of the smell.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks good to me the urates are nice and white, and the waste doesn't have chunks of bugs (would mean you need to increase heat) it will change in color some depending on what you feed him... like if you feed alot of squash or orange color foods will be more orange tinge to it.. As long as the urates stay white and the poop is well formed even if it's more moist (that would mean xtra hydrated) your good. Some will have smell some won't, if it's dry you need to increase hydration.

Marila123

Hatchling Dragon
Looks good to me the urates are nice and white, and the waste doesn't have chunks of bugs (would mean you need to increase heat) it will change in color some depending on what you feed him... like if you feed alot of squash or orange color foods will be more orange tinge to it.. As long as the urates stay white and the poop is well formed even if it's more moist (that would mean xtra hydrated) your good. Some will have smell some won't, if it's dry you need to increase hydration.
THANks!! This is good to know, I guess beardie was a little bit dehydrated before.

Willtheeman

Hatchling Dragon
my rex poop is always a more moist than that but I assume it's because whenever he eats it's dubias so they have more moisture (?) But the urate is always white...any advice on what food makes it the least smelly? His poop packs heat lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my rex poop is always a more moist than that but I assume it's because whenever he eats it's dubias so they have more moisture (?) But the urate is always white...any advice on what food makes it the least smelly? His poop packs heat lol

it's pretty normal for stinky poop HOWEVER it can also mean parasites,,,so have you had a fecal done on him lately?

Willtheeman

Hatchling Dragon
I haven't actually....I remember reading something about it being parasites but half of his poop doesn't smell but the other wakes me up if I'm asleep so i assumed it must be normal...I'll look into getting one done thou

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I haven't actually....I remember reading something about it being parasites but half of his poop doesn't smell but the other wakes me up if I'm asleep so i assumed it must be normal...I'll look into getting one done thou

better safe than sorry nothing wrong with checking that way you know if it's food related or parasite related..