• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help - URI not going away!

nuclearkielbasa

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey there, We have a beardie who has been on treatment for an upper respiratory infection since mid -late January.
She's been on Baytril for 2-3 rounds, and just mid Feb she was switched to Sulfamethox/trimeth.

Her symptoms greatly diminished on the first week of the Sulfa, but now it's come back and she has more mucus than ever!

She still eats, still poops. We're keeping things toastier, and she sleeps at 78 at night.

The issue being we have a a vet who is very knowledgeable, but she isn't a true herp vet (she performed a tumor excision on our beardie in december and it went very well!). The nearest true herp vet is 30 hours away and we cannot afford an $800 flight at this time.

Is there anything i can do? ask for differing meds, Do we ask for cultures or xray? I'm interested in the nebulizer but cannot get the solution up here where i live.

Does it take a really long time for it to go away??

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Any chance there's a college near you with any kind of vet/zoology program? That could be an option for answers. Other than that, maybe talk with your vet again and see if she can explain options or suggest anything else to try (or maybe she can get the nebulizer solution?)

Latest posts