• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PLEASE HELP! Spots on Beardie’s Stomach

ccchonk

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is two and a half years old - she is going to the vet next week, but I’m terrified. She has these spots on her stomach, and I’m worried it’s something serious. What does this look like? I’m nervous it might be YFD.

Attachments

• IMG_8408.jpeg
    IMG_8408.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is two and a half years old - she is going to the vet next week, but I’m terrified. She has these spots on her stomach, and I’m worried it’s something serious. What does this look like? I’m nervous it might be YFD.
Let me have some one take a look - it looks suspicious to me - I am going to flag to Tracie the vet tech on here
@Drache613

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got a response back from one person I reached out to and she has said this
Sorry to say it looks like Y.F. [ Yellow fungus ] You can start putting Lamisil antfungal cream [ from your local drug store ] on it but having a good reptile vet check + do a skin scrape would be a good idea.
Please get the dragon in ASAP - www.arav.org try this website for a reptile vet type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you if your in a small town / area --- this will kill the dragon please get it treated immediately-- please keep me updated ---- make sure you have good surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and good UVB NO coils if you need links to those I will post --- this is going to help w/ the skin issues

ccchonk

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got a response back from one person I reached out to and she has said this
Sorry to say it looks like Y.F. [ Yellow fungus ] You can start putting Lamisil antfungal cream [ from your local drug store ] on it but having a good reptile vet check + do a skin scrape would be a good idea.
Please get the dragon in ASAP - www.arav.org try this website for a reptile vet type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you if your in a small town / area --- this will kill the dragon please get it treated immediately-- please keep me updated ---- make sure you have good surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and good UVB NO coils if you need links to those I will post --- this is going to help w/ the skin issues
Thank you - She has a vet appointment next Friday, but I’ll start the lamisil in the meantime. She has a tube UVB, and I’ll make sure to check the temps today too! Thank you again

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you - She has a vet appointment next Friday, but I’ll start the lamisil in the meantime. She has a tube UVB, and I’ll make sure to check the temps today too! Thank you again
where is the uvb? Brand and bulb? This makes a difference in placement and distance along w/ your screen -- we need this properly placed --- what kind of screen in on the tank fine mesh or a wide hole type and how old is the bulb?

ccchonk

Bearded Dragon Egg
where is the uvb? Brand and bulb? This makes a difference in placement and distance along w/ your screen -- we need this properly placed --- what kind of screen in on the tank fine mesh or a wide hole type and how old is the bulb?
The UVB is a Reptisun T18 in a Zilla fixture placed over the top of a wide hole mesh screen in a tank a little over a foot high, should i try and mount it inside the tank? The bulb is probably about 6 months old.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The UVB is a Reptisun T18 in a Zilla fixture placed over the top of a wide hole mesh screen in a tank a little over a foot high, should i try and mount it inside the tank? The bulb is probably about 6 months old.
Replace the bulb now - please get it inside the tank take the clear plastic cover off the fixture leave it off place directly over the basking decor piece 6-8 inches- or take the screen off either way the bulb needs to be unobstructed - are you upgrading the tank here soon? I can post links for tanks

ccchonk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Replace the bulb now - please get it inside the tank take the clear plastic cover off the fixture leave it off place directly over the basking decor piece 6-8 inches- or take the screen off either way the bulb needs to be unobstructed - are you upgrading the tank here soon? I can post links for tanks
I’m looking to upgrade the tank as soon as I can, I’ll definitely get a new bulb soon! I already tore the plastic cover off of the fixture when I got it, but I’ll take the screen off as well.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m looking to upgrade the tank as soon as I can, I’ll definitely get a new bulb soon! I already tore the plastic cover off of the fixture when I got it, but I’ll take the screen off as well.
Ok the T 8 bulb is expired

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for all your help! Do you happen to have any idea how much the vet might cost?
All vets are different-- please call and ask about office visit and about testing for the YF -- tell them you suspect it and will need to have a scrape and cultured -- this is really important -- please NO bathing it will spread--

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
All vets are different-- please call and ask about office visit and about testing for the YF -- tell them you suspect it and will need to have a scrape and cultured -- this is really important -- please NO bathing it will spread--
I have flagged the post again to Tracie

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I am glad you are getting her to the vet. Is her appointment on this friday?
Are you using the lamisil right now to help? You can also look for some silver gel/topical to put on it
also. I believe it is most likely yellow fungus but hopefully you can get on it as soon as possible & she
will be able to fully recover.
Are you giving a probiotic also for her?

Tracie

Latest posts