• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help, feeling defeated

kimberlymenzies

Bearded Dragon Egg
I adopted a baby bearded dragon almost 2 months ago and have watched several videos on bonding and read a lot on their care. My little guy, Spooky, just runs everywhere all the time. I tried to follow suggestions of taking him out into the room and hanging out with him and also getting him used to outside. He seems terrified of me and most of the time will do whatever he can to avoid me. He runs and hides.. Sometimes he will stay on my chest, but most of the time I will try to pick him up out of his enclosure and he immediately starts trying to run. Then i will try to place him on my chest after cycling hands until he has tired out. He wants nothing to do with anything. He will try to run and jump off of me immediately. Today I took him outside, after he was actually hanging out on my chest and he jumped off of me and almost ran off, luckily I caught him. I tried to leash him too and he was very skittish and ran away from that too. I don't know what else to do, this is extremely frustrating and makes me very sad. I don't understand why he keeps trying to run from me, it's been almost 2 months of trying to bond with me and nothing seems to have changed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Scout

Hatchling Dragon
How long is your dragon from head to tail? Also, how old was he when you got him? And keep in mind, every dragon is different and will have a different personality. And most importantly, where did you get him from?

kimberlymenzies

Bearded Dragon Egg
How long is your dragon from head to tail? Also, how old was he when you got him? And keep in mind, every dragon is different and will have a different personality. And most importantly, where did you get him from?

He's about 9 inches. I'm honestly not sure of his age. I got him at Petsmart. Thanks

Latest posts