• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

please help :(( !!!! (dog jumped on dragon)

neptune

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello all, first time posting on here and it is for a very scary reason. just a few minutes ago my mom was playing with my dog and he ran onto the bed unexpectedly and im pretty sure he jumped full force onto her.
i believe he is about 15ish pounds and my beardie is around 8 months old. shes 13 inches and has been rather healthy before this. after the event she seemed to start breathing weirdly on the left side of her body. her beard is slightly black and she isn't really taking any steps.
i plan to take her to the vet asap but it is currently 8pm and they don't have any emergency vets that cater to beardie's in my area ://
is there anything i can do in the meantime??
thank you all for your help !! <3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hello all, first time posting on here and it is for a very scary reason. just a few minutes ago my mom was playing with my dog and he ran onto the bed unexpectedly and im pretty sure he jumped full force onto her.
i believe he is about 15ish pounds and my beardie is around 8 months old. shes 13 inches and has been rather healthy before this. after the event she seemed to start breathing weirdly on the left side of her body. her beard is slightly black and she isn't really taking any steps.
i plan to take her to the vet asap but it is currently 8pm and they don't have any emergency vets that cater to beardie's in my area ://
is there anything i can do in the meantime??
thank you all for your help !! <3
Watch for the black bearding- the dog may have knocked the wind out of her - if the beard is slightly black that is good instead of full black --- watch for that ---- I would put her back in to the tank and leave her for now and keep an eye on for lethargic behavior full on black beard - movement - use this website to find a reptile vet in your area
www.arav.org

Latest posts