• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

plants in the viv

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i realise that most will know that beardies like their greens and somtimes think the plastic plants are food i keep finding the odd leaf here and there so now i decided to remove all the plastic plants and am looking at putting in so live plants obviously i know that the beardies will take bites out of it but on the other hand its gotta be better for them than the plastic plants, i have never thought of putting in live plants before so what plants would you advise to put in there? any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for reading all my rambling as usual lol
thanks
paul

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, there are certain live plants that are good for beardies to have. Although, some will argue that live plants increase the humidity.

Anyway, we tried jade once. It is safe for beardies. It is recommended to wait a period of 2 weeks after buying the plant before putting it in the viv. Pesticides and fertilization used by the stores need a chance to escape before putting it in the viv.

I will mention that we failed the jade. The heat in the viv killed the hearty plant.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks for your sugestion renee ill give it a go as i just happen to have some jade here bonus of bein a gardener lol, im looking along the lines of some sort of cacti thornless obviously something that thrives in heat and light it will recieve in the viv as cacti suck up all the moisture and will be released when or if my beardies take a bite, if possible i know theres a few people on here from aus so if any of you read this could you also please advise me of what plants are available in the areas beardies are from all help will be greatly appreciated
thanks
paul

Latest posts