• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

SunRoan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I'm very new to this site, but I have a 3 year old beardie. I'm upgrading him to a 75 gallon soon and I want to make it a planted tank. He usually hates eating veggies, but he almost always goes for my houseplants (Obviously I stop him before he gets to them) and he always tries to eat live plants outside. He seems to only want to eat live, growing plants, and refuses to eat from his bowl. So, does anyone know any good, edible plants I can put in his cage that can survive in an arid environment? I was thinking some basil and succulents maybe.

Also, what soils should I use? I know that there's supposed to be some sort of layering to keep humidity down.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
There is a thread about bioactive tank set up somewhere in this page. Just search for it. I have a friend that uses succulents in her bio tank and her dragon eats them up. She also threw some collard green and mustard green seeds in and they started growing. So I would maybe plant seeds of the veggies that you would normally feed your dragon. Maybe some dandelion!

Latest posts