• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pixel stopped eating insects..

Pixel

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've had Pixel for a couple months now and a few days ago he decided that he will not touch crickets, and isn't showing any interest in the tiny mealies that he used to beg for (less than 1/4 inch babies, once a week) and will only eat one, if I'm lucky 2 wax worms a day. He still goes nuts for his salads, and is defecating regularly, but why not bugs? I know they are supposed to slow down on bugs when they get older, but he is only 16-17 weeks old.

I ordered some dubia from the roach guy the other day and am expecting them soon..but I'm not sure he will eat them if his interest in bugs stays lacking.

I haven't changed anything in the tank since a few days after I got him, except added some fake vines two weeks ago. He is in a 29 gallon tank, basking area stays 98-100*F, cool side stays 78-81*F, he has a 18" reptisun 10.0, light cycle is 14 on 10 off, I mist him once a day, humidity stays in the 40% area, substrate is linoleum and a slate tile, he gets baths once or twice a week(depending on my schedule). No critters to get stressed over.

I've been wondering if the weather could have anything to do with it? We just got hit a little by hurricane Irene, and had an earthquake, and its been raining and cooling off a lot.

Any suggestions would be well appreciated :)

Pixel

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So, I got my roaches, and first I want to say how great The Roach Guy is, they sent me 10 extra and I only lost one tiny baby and one sub-adult in shipping!

They seemed to have done the trick! Pixel goes crazy over them! I tried giving him crickets again yesterday morning and he didn't eat any, when I got the roaches I gave him 3 and he gobbled them up in less than 2 minutes, and then he decided crickets weren't so bad anymore and ate a few of those.

Latest posts