• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Photoshoot with new camera (dsl beware)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know this should really be in the photo area but i felt it would be better suited in the breeder section because the camera i have no person not breeding would ever need unless they were a photographer lol. All photos taken with my Cannon Rebel XSi
evilpassiontogether.jpg

passionoutside.jpg

passionshowinoff.jpg

beinsexy.jpg

evileye.jpg

koralupclose2.jpg

koral2.jpg

artsyevil.jpg

beard.jpg

evil4.jpg

evilshowinoff.jpg

evilsmile.jpg

evilupclose.jpg

bella1.jpg

bella2.jpg

bella5.jpg

bella4.jpg

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah they aint to shabby for me having no experience with takin professional quality pictures. I gotta set up a lil "photo booth" area. probably going to be black fabric floor sides and backdrop for taking pictures. that way it doesnt washout the color of the dragons at all. Im so excited lol.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is awesome lol. Gotta love it when someone makes it for you lol. No reinventing the wheel lol

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Great photos! How do you determine whats a good camera for close up pics and color? My camera takes decent pics at a distance, but as soon as I try and get a close up, it doesn't show the colors well. It makes selling pretty dragons hard :)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Virus

You have to get a Digital SLR camera that has a decent lens for Macro shots. The Cannon Rebel XS is great for this. Best buy for around 550. Its a bit pricey but the advice i received from a few of my friends in the business are "a camera is one of the most important investments you can make"

I do not know much about cameras the way i checked it was playing with them at the store and see which one took the best up close photo of my wedding band lol. The rebel did the best.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Fabulous pics ! I love the expressions and those colors ! Wow !
Tim, I have to agree, go with a great camera, and that will make all the difference ! My younger sister is a photo fiend ! She would take pictures for a living many years ago, submitting to a local rag, and I must admit, she took some really awesome pics, of the most off the wall things !
Janie.

Latest posts