• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

photos of substrate in habitats?

tl3314

Hatchling Dragon
Can some people post pics of what their flooring/substrate and tank looks like so i can get an idea? I saw some photos- but some aren't there on the photos page.. so there is only a handful visible....I have a custom made large tank and I've toying around with what could go in the corners. Just straight wood to climb.. rocks.. a little corner of sand to dig in on the opposite side of the food? (does he even do that?) Sorry- newbie at this and need help deciding.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Children's Play Sand ...

SandSubstrate019.jpg

SandSubstrate016.jpg

Same ones with textured, padded Vinyl Deck Flooring ...

2000KmMove006.jpg

2000KmMove008.jpg

Sissy Anne

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't use substrate... flat, easy to clean surface was recommended to me by my dragon's breeder, and I'm so thankful! It's so easy!

I lined his enclosure with ceramic tiles and then usually put down a few paper towels on top of that. Super easy to clean when he messes, and even if he makes a mess on the tile, it wipes clean. Also, there's no chance of accidental ingestion.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't have any pictures at the moment. But I use a non-adhesive shelf liner (with no holes). You can buy it from Walmart or mostly other stores. I love it!

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
We have newspaper over the tiles just so she can grip more n its easy to clean :)

Attachments

• P1020711    neywud.JPG
    P1020711 neywud.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 27

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
Today I switched my juvenile's substrate from newspaper and paper towels to non-adhesive shelf liner....I think it's very nice. Sunkiss seems to like it too. I prefer to never use sand unless it is necessary for her.

cherryfilters

Juvenile Dragon
i think certain sand is okay when the bd gets bigger but when they are young paper towels, the reptile carpet is good or ceramic tiles. anything they can't get impaction from feeding on live food.

Latest posts