• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

People that do stupid things to beardies on youtube

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You know, I was watching videos on youtube today to see how others handle bearded dragons and see if I could learn something from them. Well it just amazes me at the outrageous things people will do with their reptiles just because they think it's funny. I have read on multiple sites it is bad to give outside insects to beardies or any reptile in general due to the fact that it could be toxic, and it could contain pesticides which are also toxic. One video showed a woman forcing her bearded dragon to go after a wolf spider that got into their house. She kept forcing the bearded dragon to go to the spider, even though the beardie didn't want to go eat it. It eventually did eat it. I feel for that bearded dragon. I also saw another video of some person that found a snake outside. A small snake from what it looked like, and decided it would be cool to drop it in a bearded dragon tank and see if it would eat it. I mean don't some people worry about the after effects that could happen if their dragons eat these things? I mean seriously. I am not trying to sound like a major expert by any means. I know I'm not an expert. I'm still learning but it just amazes me at the stupidity of these people that would actually bring harm to their animals. I'm glad I have done research, because I don't want to do something like these guys. I hope I don't upset anyone here by this statement, I just thought it was something that should be mentioned, to see if there's a way to warn other people about this kind of behavior.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We have a program on TV called Today Tonight and it's current affairs. It was about snakes but l couldn't believe it.
There is a guy who have a permit to do shows in Shopping malls. Anyway this person decided it would be a good idea to remove the venom glads from Taipan, Tiger and brown snakes (all highly venomous in Australia) a bite untreated from these guys would definately give you permantent damage if not kill you.
Anyway "this guy" did a demo to show how a snake bites. He made is 12 year old daughter get up on stage and forced the snakes, one by one to bite her arm... not once not twice but up to six times....
My opinion, this is not only child abuse but cruelty to snakes. The guy has not formal vet training and gave now pain meds etc to the snakes when he removed the gland, just slice and dice....

pathetic...

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh man it's people like that that make me wanna just smack 'em into reality. I saw another video on youtube of someone's friend bringing a baby bird, and get this, they FED it to the bearded dragon! The baby bird was a baby but it was WAY too big for a bearded dragon and I mean WHY would someone freakin' feed a lizard a bird!? I've also seen them being fed gold fish! I swear, some people just don't need to be able to own animals for this reason alone >_<

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yeah, i've seen videos of the people forcing the dragons to fight, and some of them died :( the people are just sick!

peachiest

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I've done some searches to see some beardie behavior videos on YouTube, and I was unfortunate enough to run into some of these videos. I can't imagine putting my babies through something like that. I mean, even if not emotionally attached to my angels, there is a huge financial investment in purchasing and setting up their homes... Even that shocks me how people can just throw that away like that. It's disgusting how some people treat these beautiful creatures. Just like some people shouldn't have children, there are people who shouldn't have pets. They may not be human but they are living, breathing creatures who should be, at the very least, appreciated and respected.

Debz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I very much agree with you all, it's cruelty, a good owner would want the best for their dragon and not use it as something to amuse them!
I love my little fella and always want the best for him, I stress so much if I think something is going wrong, temps etc no way would I force feed him something that he shouldnt even be eating, I don't understand these people and videos like that should not be on you tube it may encourage other people to do the same.
I saw one where they put their NEW dragon on the floor with their cat and the cat kept hitting the dragon with it's paw, the dragon tried to hide, everyone was stood around it laughing, the poor thing was scared!! then it turned on the cat, dog and a guy and they were then goin on like it was an awful dragon!!
the poor thing was scared and just defending itself!
it should all STOP!

Latest posts