• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pattern or Scale Rot?

ccchonk

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don’t know if I’m just over anxious because my beardie is sick, but now I’m wondering if his patterning is okay or if he’s been getting scale rot too? I feel terrible. I attached a picture, he’s a bit dark because he just got a bath and was stressed.

Attachments

• IMG_8411.jpeg
    IMG_8411.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don’t know if I’m just over anxious because my beardie is sick, but now I’m wondering if his patterning is okay or if he’s been getting scale rot too? I feel terrible. I attached a picture, he’s a bit dark because he just got a bath and was stressed.
He looks fine bathing tends to turn them dark --- what is wrong w/ him? you said hes sick?

ccchonk

Bearded Dragon Egg
He looks fine bathing tends to turn them dark --- what is wrong w/ him? you said hes sick?
He looks fine bathing tends to turn them dark --- what is wrong w/ him? you said hes sick
He’s the one who most likely has YFD - I’m not sure what sex he is so I’ve been using all of the pronouns. I soaked him in a diluted betadine solution right before you said not to bathe him, and I’m just super scared and over worried right now so I think I’m convincing myself something else is wrong too.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He’s the one who most likely has YFD - I’m not sure what sex he is so I’ve been using all of the pronouns. I soaked him in a diluted betadine solution right before you said not to bathe him, and I’m just super scared and over worried right now so I think I’m convincing myself something else is wrong too.
Ok please no more bathing it will spread the fungus --- Some bearded dragon owners will tell you that there is no definitive cure for Yellow Fungus or Yellow Skin Disease, while others insist that if caught in the early stages and treated quickly and aggressively… you can cure YF. this is true but you haft to get on it NOW --

Latest posts