• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Parasites?

luissandoval87

Hatchling Dragon
I've had Ganon since about November. Truth is he's never really eaten well. He's only shed twice. Last month in order to get him to eat I purchased hornworms and pheonix worms. He really liked hornworms, but even then only ate one or two. I say he really liked them because he attacked right away. Usually he just sits and lets the roaches/crickets/worms just crawl all over him until he feels like eating. He only eats maybe one or two Dubia and maybe one superworm in one day. The most I've seen him eat is maybe 4 superworms in a day. He seems normal, just growing really slow. I have another 8" that eats waayyy more than that and has grown rapidly. I guess I'm just wondering if he could have any parasites or something causing him not to want to eat. His poop looks okay I mean it reflects how much he eats which is very little, but he poops everyday. Any advice would be welcomed. I'm actually thinking about taking a stool sample to my vet, only problem is she moved to another city about 1:30-2:00 hrs away from here :(

Husbandry seems fine: 40 gal breeder, 75 W heat lamp, 24" Reptisun 10.0 UVB
Basking temp: 100-105, cool side: 83-87, repticarpet as substrate

luissandoval87

Hatchling Dragon
IMG_0498.JPG

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, your kid is beautiful. He is on the thin side as you can see the bones at the base of the tail. I personally think your on the right track. I would take a fresh stool into someone you can trust to do a float.

How often are you soaking him?

The two dragons are separated correct?

luissandoval87

Hatchling Dragon
thanks! I just hope to get him on the right track so he can grow big and beautiful
I mist about 3X a week and soak every other week.

Yes the dragons are separate and the one on my avatar is a friends she brought her just for a pic :)

Latest posts