• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Paranormal Activity Review

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay I was supposed to see this movie yesterday but things didn't work out too well so I saw it today. For those of you who don't like to read, go straight to the bottom.

This was originally an independent film that Paramount bought out. Even though Paramount bought it out, they kept the movie exactly the same. After finally being able to find a theater that wasn't sold out I prepared myself to have the hell scared out of me due to the media hyping up the movie so much. I watched trailers and people's recorded reactions to the movie and it seemed absolutely terrifying. Yay for me! Or so I thought.

The movie was a total of 99 minutes long and the break down was this:
90 minutes of the couple sleeping
7 minutes of the couple arguing
2 minutes of "action"

The style in which the movie was filmed was unique and actually very well done and helped the audience feel as though they were there with the couple in the movie. The couple in the movie were the ones who actually filmed it and it gave such a realistic feeling to it. You saw everything they saw and didn't go out of their way to hide the camera in view of the mirrors to add to the realism. The special effects, even though there wasn't many, were very believable and nothing was computer generated. It used a very well done stop motion for majority of the "action" scenes.

Beyond what I said in the above paragraph, this movie had nothing else to offer. There was a very underdeveloped plot to the point where Napoleon Dynamite looked like it had a more developed plot. The storyline was extremely predictable which isn't always what makes a movie bad but since this movie was so poorly developed it was one of the reasons why it failed to be a good movie. There was a complete lack of action scenes and I'm not complaining about the pretty much zero blood and gore content. You find more blood and action in your daily soap operas/stories. The language was mild so it is beyond me how this received a "R" rating. There were no scenes that made you jump at all and this isn't just from my opinion and experience. My best friend who is scared of her own shadow didn't even jump or find anything scary about this movie.

This movie had so much potential and the only horror that I found in it was that it lacked so much for all the hype it got. Had this movie been developed more plot wise and action scene wise this could have been an amazing movie.

My Rating: 2 out of 10

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
me, my fiance and his friend were trying not to fall asleep...biggest waste of time and money ever....the orphan was slightly better than this film and that movie was a bomb (and i dont mean that as a compliment)

Latest posts