• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Painted backdrop question

LizzyRoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi.
I painted this backdrop for my bearded's enclosure. I used acrylic paint. I have a 4x2x2 black pvc enclosure and will mount this backdrop inside the enclosure, so I figure I need to seal it. What is best that will finish nice and clear, stay clear whenever it needs to be wiped with a liquid cleaner, and most importantly be non-toxic for my dragon?? I've seen polycryic recommended, but doesn't that turn white when it gets wet? Does anyone have any recommendations?
20230723_105300.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi.
I painted this backdrop for my bearded's enclosure. I used acrylic paint. I have a 4x2x2 black pvc enclosure and will mount this backdrop inside the enclosure, so I figure I need to seal it. What is best that will finish nice and clear, stay clear whenever it needs to be wiped with a liquid cleaner, and most importantly be non-toxic for my dragon?? I've seen polycryic recommended, but doesn't that turn white when it gets wet? Does anyone have any recommendations? View attachment 34335
Nice pic I dont have any idea of what to use but I can sure find out --- let me get w/ some people who can help

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice pic I dont have any idea of what to use but I can sure find out --- let me get w/ some people who can help
I got a reply he said this
I'm not really sure what would seal art without causing it to discolor. There is probably a solution that I'm not aware of and would check art/painting forums. Perhaps the answer is just to put a piece of glass or plastic over the front of it to separate it from the rest of the enclosure to protect it. Or if the enclosure is all glass, mount it on the outside.

LizzyRoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay, thank you for checking. I saw someone in another group recommended Krylon clear spray, but I'm not sure of the potential for toxicity even after letting it off gas.
But thanks for trying!

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
I used mod podge. Recommends 4 to 6 coats with 30 day complete cure time. I'm still in the process of building it. Hope to be done soon.

Attachments

• 20230619_184044.jpg
    20230619_184044.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts