• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LixOzzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I’m new to this forum and a new mother to 2 baby bearded dragons named Ozzie and Lix. My uncle gave them to me a week ago and they’re about 1 month old. They were kind of sudden so I only had about a week to prepare and during that week I researched A LOT about bearded dragons. When we got them, I noticed Ozzie was a bit larger than Lix so I got a bit worried that he would bully Lix. I know that 2 bearded dragons SHOULD NOT be kept together however my dad and uncle insisted that it would be fine. After a week of having them, I still notice some things that are not good. They glass surf they’re aquarium sometimes and they’re bellies get dark due to stress. Also, as I have suspected, Ozzie is already showing signs of dominance to Lix. He stacks on Lix when basking, and Lix occasionally waves his arm at Ozzie. Furthermore, Ozzie eats A LOT while Lix barely eats even though I feed them individually. I’m not sure if this is due to stress from Ozzie. I have already told my dad about my concern of Ozzie’s dominant behavior but he dismissed it and said that they’re to young to show signs of dominance and that they aren’t like humans who show emotion. Another concern is that they’re previous owner has fed them mealworms, and all sources about bearded dragon diet say to NEVER feed babies mealworms. I’m trying to feed them dubia roaches, and as I’ve mentioned before, Ozzie is eating well however, Lix isn’t. I tried to feed Lix teeny tiny mealworms to Lix to see if he would eat those AND HE DID but the next day he threw up the undigested worms so I definitely don’t want to feed him those again. As a new bearded dragon owner, I have so many concerns and questions and I joined this forum hoping someone would help me. Should I separate Ozzie and Lix or wait and observe first, how can I get Lix to eat more? Do bearded dragons really show dominance at a young age? Please help me!

Attachments

• 7DC24B73-8533-4C22-B202-149E07011EAA.jpeg
    7DC24B73-8533-4C22-B202-149E07011EAA.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 7
  • ABDEE290-0780-4BF8-B597-C16F78C1B93B.jpeg
    ABDEE290-0780-4BF8-B597-C16F78C1B93B.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 6

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi! I’m new to this forum and a new mother to 2 baby bearded dragons named Ozzie and Lix. My uncle gave them to me a week ago and they’re about 1 month old. They were kind of sudden so I only had about a week to prepare and during that week I researched A LOT about bearded dragons. When we got them, I noticed Ozzie was a bit larger than Lix so I got a bit worried that he would bully Lix. I know that 2 bearded dragons SHOULD NOT be kept together however my dad and uncle insisted that it would be fine. After a week of having them, I still notice some things that are not good. They glass surf they’re aquarium sometimes and they’re bellies get dark due to stress. Also, as I have suspected, Ozzie is already showing signs of dominance to Lix. He stacks on Lix when basking, and Lix occasionally waves his arm at Ozzie. Furthermore, Ozzie eats A LOT while Lix barely eats even though I feed them individually. I’m not sure if this is due to stress from Ozzie. I have already told my dad about my concern of Ozzie’s dominant behavior but he dismissed it and said that they’re to young to show signs of dominance and that they aren’t like humans who show emotion. Another concern is that they’re previous owner has fed them mealworms, and all sources about bearded dragon diet say to NEVER feed babies mealworms. I’m trying to feed them dubia roaches, and as I’ve mentioned before, Ozzie is eating well however, Lix isn’t. I tried to feed Lix teeny tiny mealworms to Lix to see if he would eat those AND HE DID but the next day he threw up the undigested worms so I definitely don’t want to feed him those again. As a new bearded dragon owner, I have so many concerns and questions and I joined this forum hoping someone would help me. Should I separate Ozzie and Lix or wait and observe first, how can I get Lix to eat more? Do bearded dragons really show dominance at a young age? Please help me!
What are there genders? SEPERATE THEM! If they are boy and girl they will mate you you WILL have babies. If they are males YOU HAVE TO HEY THEM SEPERATED! You should not have 2 beardies. You can have 2 females together if they have a 75 gallon tank. Minimum. So separate them. When they are older they will each need a 75 gallon. Don’t put them in places where they can see each other. They are glass surfing because there cage is problaby too small for the both of them. How big is it? And you can feed them mealworms as a treat. Only Treats. Try feeding them crickets. Crickets are a great food source of baby beardies. And veg should only be 20% of their diet when they are babies. If your want them to live happily and stop glass surfing seperate them and get them minimum 20 gallon as babies and 75 gallon. Adult. Come to me if you need more help

LixOzzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are there genders? SEPERATE THEM! If they are boy and girl they will mate you you WILL have babies. If they are males YOU HAVE TO HEY THEM SEPERATED! You should not have 2 beardies. You can have 2 females together if they have a 75 gallon tank. Minimum. So separate them. When they are older they will each need a 75 gallon. Don’t put them in places where they can see each other. They are glass surfing because there cage is problaby too small for the both of them. How big is it? And you can feed them mealworms as a treat. Only Treats. Try feeding them crickets. Crickets are a great food source of baby beardies. And veg should only be 20% of their diet when they are babies. If your want them to live happily and stop glass surfing seperate them and get them minimum 20 gallon as babies and 75 gallon. Adult. Come to me if you need more help

We’re not sure of their genders yet since the breeder said they’re still too small to tell. The tank they’re in is 50 gallons, but I’m happy to report that the glass surfing has stopped. Thanks for your help!

LixOzzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys, thank you so much for your help! I’m glad to say that Lix has gained some weight and is eating well now. Apparently the breeder did not give us dubia roaches but rusty red runner roaches so we immediately ordered dubias and they are eating a lot. Ozzie and Lix are starting to poop regularly, and Lix is starting to shed around his tail so that’s good news. Also, glass surfing has stopped so I’m happy. I’ve decided to keep them together for now but still keep them under a close watch and have an extra tank just incase we need to separate them if something happens. After almost 2 weeks of having them things are starting to get better so I’m pretty excited to see them grow. I’ll keep you guys updated, thanks for your help again!!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey guys, thank you so much for your help! I’m glad to say that Lix has gained some weight and is eating well now. Apparently the breeder did not give us dubia roaches but rusty red runner roaches so we immediately ordered dubias and they are eating a lot. Ozzie and Lix are starting to poop regularly, and Lix is starting to shed around his tail so that’s good news. Also, glass surfing has stopped so I’m happy. I’ve decided to keep them together for now but still keep them under a close watch and have an extra tank just incase we need to separate them if something happens. After almost 2 weeks of having them things are starting to get better so I’m pretty excited to see them grow. I’ll keep you guys updated, thanks for your help again!!
So glad to hear they are doing better! :) Please keep us updated. :)

LixOzzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just realized since Lix is in shed right now, it might be the reason why he wasn’t eating well last week. I did notice his scales were darker and dull. Now it’s Ozzie who’s not eating well so I’m expecting him to be shedding next week as well.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I just realized since Lix is in shed right now, it might be the reason why he wasn’t eating well last week. I did notice his scales were darker and dull. Now it’s Ozzie who’s not eating well so I’m expecting him to be shedding next week as well.
Yeah, my Dexter just went through a shedding and his appetite did go down. Glad to hear they are doing well. :)

Latest posts