• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

overall enclosure help.

Dale

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i have a new enclosure that i plan on having as my beardies permanent home. it is about 3 1/2 ft long. 2 1/2 ft tall. 1 1/2 ft wide. i would compare too a 90 aquarium but it is wooden with a glass panel front and drop down front. 3 screen squares on top for lighting. 160 watt fixtures fit each section fine. my idea for lighting and heat was to buy a 160 watt reflective fixture and a 160 watt sunglow uva/uvb/heat bulb for one side snd give him a structure that give him the option of multipleelevations so he can decice what temperature he is comfortable with. than the cooler side if i even need it a lower watt night heat bulb. from his current enclosure i have 2 60 watt feixtures with one day bulb and 1 noght bulb and a 16 in flourecent uvb bulb. basically anything to help with the heating lighting informationally wouldw be awesome because ive never jad to do anything of this scale. also a substrate. hes only 5 months old i dont want to use sand due to possible compsction. also i dont want to use reptimat cuz it would add up to about 100$ and have seams for crickets to get under. any information in setting this enclosure tips m tricks are welcomed and highly apreciated. thank you.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Any pictures you can post would help! I personally don't like power suns or whatever because I like using a separate heat bulb with a UVB tube. That way the UVB goes throughout the whole cage. I would use a 75 watt outdoor spot light for heat you can ge them at homedepot for like 6 bucks and they last for years! For UVB I'd buy a 3 foot fixture and mount it on the inside back wall of the cage just a few inches above the basking spot not on the roof of the cage.

This is just what I would do but like I said post a picture or two so we can get a better idea!

Good luck!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I do the same with the heat bulb and UV tube. You can get cheap fluorescent fixtures at home depot and the like. Same with clamp on incandescent fixtures

Latest posts