• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Outside enclosure

madaeroom

Bearded Dragon Egg
My son and I made an oitside enclosure for his beardie and we kive in San Diego California. Its hot most of the summer and temperate throughout the year. It get great sun exposure, has flowering succulents, and edibles herbs. We put a basking rock in side as well as river rocks that collect heat throughout the day and two tunnels she can retreat to when it is too hot. She seem to really enjoy the space as it is 8 feet long at its longest side and shaped in an L. She loves so much we have a hard time getting her out. I am posting for feedback. I hear people say she should not go under 65 degrees for too long and luckily our nights have not been that cool but upon researching where bearded dragons originate in Australia the temp falls below 65 often. Plus the lizard population around my house is abundant year round. She retreats in the tunnels of the enclosures at night and she's out by 630 a.m. and being active. Would love feedback and discussion.

20200805_111528.jpg
20200805_111542.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My son and I made an oitside enclosure for his beardie and we kive in San Diego California. Its hot most of the summer and temperate throughout the year. It get great sun exposure, has flowering succulents, and edibles herbs. We put a basking rock in side as well as river rocks that collect heat throughout the day and two tunnels she can retreat to when it is too hot. She seem to really enjoy the space as it is 8 feet long at its longest side and shaped in an L. She loves so much we have a hard time getting her out. I am posting for feedback. I hear people say she should not go under 65 degrees for too long and luckily our nights have not been that cool but upon researching where bearded dragons originate in Australia the temp falls below 65 often. Plus the lizard population around my house is abundant year round. She retreats in the tunnels of the enclosures at night and she's out by 630 a.m. and being active. Would love feedback and discussion.

View attachment 23351View attachment 23352
What a beautiful enclosure for her --- no wonder she doesnt want to come out --- I guess I wouldnt leave her out to long if its 65 or so but if she is getting direct sunlight at that temp she should be fine - its going to be warmer in the sun at that temp and as the day goes on the temp is also going to warm -- I dont know what succulents are in w/ her but I am going to post a nutrition site and at the bottom of the list there are plants listed -- please look to make sure you dont have any planted where she is -- but its a great enclosure for her
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Latest posts