• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Out of a Job- Need Cheaper Feeders

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys. My boss couldn't keep up with her job or mine so I am out of pay. With christmas coming up I've been down on cash and am running low on savings. I buy BeeGee reptiworms which are relatively cheap because of the shipping cost. However I can only afford the 300 small ones a week and have to make sure I measure how much I feed him so he doesn't run out during the week. It's stressful for me and I'm sure for him too. Is there anything I could feed him every other day (like babyfood) or anything so that I can give him protein in mass amounts on other days?

I would love to do dubia but I can't afford them right now either. I wish shipping wasn't so expensive on other feeders either :(. Anyone with flat rate or free shipping is where I go)

Thanks guys.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh great! I am spending about 12 dollars a week on the worms, thats with shipping included. Hopefully this will work out. How do I keep them alive?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just put them in a 20g tub (smooth, no texture....so clear is better). Add some paper towel or toilet paper rolls, some greens and you're good to go. There are some other things you can feed them, but this'll work in a pinch.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Great! Thanks for the site this is perfect! He's about 14 inches now, what size is good to feed about?

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I got the .75 inch crix. I found out you can also feed them fish flakes. I'm trying to find all angles here, cause I have my crickets coming on Tuesday.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Really? In place of worms for a day? Not everyday just maybe once or twice a week?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
SoleSky said:
Really? In place of worms for a day? Not everyday just maybe once or twice a week?

The below quote was in reference to the crickets, not our beardies. ;)

corrine said:
You can also feed them dry baby cereal or ground up cat food.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ohhh Lol! Yeah that makes so much more sense. I ordered those crix yesterday. Do they come in the mail or at my front door?

Latest posts