• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Our New Beardie Girl! (image heavy!!)

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We picked her up yesterday. I am torn on what to name her - she is a feisty girl, so I was thinking something like 'Athena'. Anyway, time will tell ;)

Here are some pics of her... she's quite bright yellow and orange on her head and neck/beard, which I wasn't able to capture very well with my iPhone and our digital camera is on the fritz. Her patterns are really pretty, on her head and down her back. Also, she has a kink in her tail from an injury when she was young - (she's about 3 now) - husband said we should name her 'Kinky' because of the tail :D She has the prettiest green eyes... Sal's eyes are pretty too, but they're flame red.

I also included a photo of her enclosure - it's two, actually - the Frilled Dragon we're picking up next week will go in the top. His set up isn't finished yet - we still have to move the lights to the outside and do several more things, but she is on the bottom of the enclosure. Each piece is 45" W x 28" D x 38" H - it's a monster! We moved a couch out of the library and into the living room to accommodate it.

BeardieFrillieHabitat01.png

OurBeardieGirl012.png

OurBeardieGirl01.png

OurBeardieGirl03.png

OurBeardieGirl02.png

OurBeardieGirl08.png

OurBeardieGirl07.png

OurBeardieGirl05.png

OurBeardieGirl010.png

OurBeardieGirl011.png

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What a gorgeous lady! Congrats on the new addition.

How is the relo stress going?

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She seems alright. She is eating (greens and had a roach and a few superworms yesterday) and she pooped already. She came from what appeared to be a very knowledgeable home. She was on ceramic tile (which was functional but ugly) so we got her some slate like Sal's.

She's pretty funny, though... we had been doing a lot of stuff lastnight in the library and above her cage and I guess she decided she was ready to go to bed because she ran over to her little perch and sat up looking at us, so I bent down and opened the cage door to give her a little pet under the chin, and as I reached out she puffed at me and opened her mouth a little as if to say "I'm DONE.. no more noise, I'm going to bed! And I *will* bite you if you piss me off!" lol :D So, we took the hint, shut the lights off and she snuggled up on the tile and closed her eyes.

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oooh, and we picked up the dubia roaches today... there's about 500+ in the tub.

TheRoaches03.jpg

TheRoaches01.jpg

TheRoaches02.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She sounds like she is making herself right at home. That is awesome. They can get attitudes when they want something or if something annoys them.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
she looks real nice, shes got the same colourings as our female slightly differant pattern though ;D

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
It just might be the photos... but is she gravid ????
Janie

Yup.. lol. Good eye! :D Can you tell me how you knew that? The little ponch in her lower abdomen? Is that it?

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i was just bout to post after readin janie's post looked at the pics again and her belly does look quite large co

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can see the outlines of eggs in the second and third photos of her ;)
Janie...