• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Our First Beardie!

JJD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello Everyone!

Just brought our first bearded dragon home! Couldn’t be more excited and he’s already adjusting well. According to the store I bought him from, he’s roughly 4-5 months old. However, they were pretty vague about what his morph was so I was hoping somebody on here could help me identify him. Looks to be at least partially standard tan/brown but I’m not sure what else. I’m new to the bearded dragon world so it’s hard to tell. If anyone has any thoughts, I’d love to hear!

-Jeff

Attachments

• E2701293-5CFF-45DD-B2B6-235C45E3138F.jpeg
    E2701293-5CFF-45DD-B2B6-235C45E3138F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello Everyone!

Just brought our first bearded dragon home! Couldn’t be more excited and he’s already adjusting well. According to the store I bought him from, he’s roughly 4-5 months old. However, they were pretty vague about what his morph was so I was hoping somebody on here could help me identify him. Looks to be at least partially standard tan/brown but I’m not sure what else. I’m new to the bearded dragon world so it’s hard to tell. If anyone has any thoughts, I’d love to hear!

-Jeff
Welcome to the forum - your dragon is around 2-3 months old --- and he looks to be a standard morph dragon- please get him off the wood shavings they are a health hazard and if he happens to ingest one it could cause internal damage - I recommend getting him some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or your local home improvement store - something that doesnt have groves in it so you can get all the poop and watery stuff when you clean it - cut it to the size of the tank and clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 wipe down w/ a dish cloth or towel - the most crucial thing in the tank is the surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110 - and the UVB NO COILS they are a health hazard as well --- you want a long tube fixture there are 3 good ones I can recommend and post links for them --- this is imperative that this is all on par --- your dragon will stop eating all together if this is off --- we want him to keep eating right now he is going thru relocation stress so his eating is going to be off but once he gets acclimated to the tank and surroundings that appetite will pick up -- please DO NOT listen to what the pet stores tell you most do not have a clue as how to take care of a dragon -- I can post websites for insects / worms and a nutrition website as well -- but we need to get that tank on par w/ the lighting and surface basking temps -- analogs are inaccurate once those are on par the dragon will acclimate faster to his surroundings

Latest posts