• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Our 2 bearded dragons

Mightaswell

Hatchling Dragon
Hello all;
My wife and I decided to get a bearded dragon. I surprised her with our first two on valentines day. We named them pinky and the brain. We listened to petsmart and housed them together in a 40 gallon tank. That was bad advice. Brain killed pinky by laying on pinky blocking light. petsmart said they were looking for warmth together, turns out it was aggressive behavior. That was a hard lessen for the family to watch an animal die needlessly. I immediately changed our habits, got a 4x2x2 cage for brain and around April 20ith ish I bought a fancy bearded dragon from the same store. I put it in the 40 gallon alone this time. Pinky 2 has thrived and brain has totally gotten huge. He got so huge that I just built a 4x2x2 for pinky cuz I'm scared it'll be cramped in the 40 gallon by November. Both enclosures have an inch of sand(we do not feed live food in tank but we have big plates to put there veggies on out of the sand) cave hammock decorations ect. They both have an 10in dome heat lamp with a 75watt bulb. They both have a 24in t5 uvb10.0 the bulb is 22 inches.
I was wondering if you guys can tell the morphs by photos. This guy is brain,
16316368395594514259944257525559.jpg
this is brains home,
16316369779771511774447496048922.jpg
This is pinky,
16316370483825664914928791048041.jpg
This is pinky 40 gallon, but I'm finishing her 4x2x2 this week and it will be set up like brains with the lighting.
16316371936328221840660371915095.jpg

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
They look like the regular bearded dragon morph. Nothing fancy and that doesn’t mean they aren't cute! They are in their teenage phase (it looks like). Would you mind sharing what you feed them? Their enclosures look great. What are the basking temps? Here is a picture of my enclosure…

Attachments

• 8ECCB040-3B6C-41BA-8F43-E73E7A404F01.jpeg
    8ECCB040-3B6C-41BA-8F43-E73E7A404F01.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14

Mightaswell

Hatchling Dragon
Basking Temps are 105-115 depending on the ac in the room. When the kid is home its 105 with ac on and room temp set to 72. When ac is off it gets up to 112. I use an ir gun. We feed them crickets, mealworms, hornworms, frozen thawed pink mice, dubia roaches for protein. I've been breeding dubia for 3 months now. I haven't actually given them any ive bred since I'm building the colony. I started with about 125 pregnant females and 25 males. I give the bearded dragons kale and bell pepper, banana, blueberries, strawberries. I usually feed the insects one day then the next I give veggies.

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
Okay… that is a pretty decent diet.

How often do you feed mealworms? As treats?

those temps are good… as long as your babies can get away from the heat when necessary.

as for the salad….. GREAT JOB!! I bet your beardies love them! I would just do one thing, give them a salad every day. They are getting to that age where they need more veggies than protein. Still feed them the bugs every other day as much as they want.

One last question, how old are they?

sorry for all the questions. I just want your beardies to be happy and healthy!

Mightaswell

Hatchling Dragon
Mealworms as treats. We give them the mealworms on the carpet in a beardie ball so that they waste energy while eating. They love it. Idk how old exactly. Brain is the oldest. He was brought home valentines day 2021 we've had him 7 months. And pinky was brought home for 4/20/2. Thats 5 months. Idk the actual birthdays. Ill boost the veggie feeding to daily. I might mention that kale is my staple. They don't finish the fruits, except banana. And banana makes them poo so bad lmao so I keep that down.

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
Mealworms as treats. We give them the mealworms on the carpet in a beardie ball so that they waste energy while eating. They love it. Idk how old exactly. Brain is the oldest. He was brought home valentines day 2021 we've had him 7 months. And pinky was brought home for 4/20/2. Thats 5 months. Idk the actual birthdays. Ill boost the veggie feeding to daily. I might mention that kale is my staple. They don't finish the fruits, except banana. And banana makes them poo so bad lmao so I keep that down.
That is good. They are at their teen phase so they will eat more. Kale is my staple as well and my beardie is three! You are doing a great job!

Mightaswell

Hatchling Dragon
That is good. They are at their teen phase so they will eat more. Kale is my staple as well and my beardie is three! You are doing a great job!
I got a lot of info from this forum and others which made it a breeze. We also have 5 leopard geckos. I'm patiently waiting for my roach babies to have babies so I can stop buying so many feeder insects lol. I'm hoping February at the latest. I don't use my colony as a food source yet. It was started 3 months ago with 150 pregnant females and 25 males. I've not used a single one. I have like 6-7 thousand hatchling to 3 month old nymphs at the moment.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Im sorry you had to learn the hard way about dragons :( any store that gives advice is wrong, dont trust them going forward, this website is a good place to bounce things off of people as a “sounding board” so to speak, hate to tell ya but ur dragons are pretty basic :( they have very nice patterning though! , but a fancy dragon basically means “hypo” or they have a little color with them being hypo though they could have other genes, leather back, micro scaling, dunner (pinky might be a dunner) , etc. , but color wise they’re ur typical beardy, most bearded dragons have a little yellow n orange some more than others , bought my dragon as a “fancy” aswell, shes a year and a half, the adult picture is recent too.

Attachments

• FEA93FE0-DD2D-4D40-A2D4-184E4567F09A.jpeg
    FEA93FE0-DD2D-4D40-A2D4-184E4567F09A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 52319A53-4D64-4ECA-823D-DE0B04EBDEF6.jpeg
    52319A53-4D64-4ECA-823D-DE0B04EBDEF6.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 7
  • FBC690CE-6A71-4C38-9EA9-0572F01F78E4.jpeg
    FBC690CE-6A71-4C38-9EA9-0572F01F78E4.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 7

Mightaswell

Hatchling Dragon
Im sorry you had to learn the hard way about dragons :( any store that gives advice is wrong, dont trust them going forward, this website is a good place to bounce things off of people as a “sounding board” so to speak, hate to tell ya but ur dragons are pretty basic :( they have very nice patterning though! , but a fancy dragon basically means “hypo” or they have a little color with them being hypo though they could have other genes, leather back, micro scaling, dunner (pinky might be a dunner) , etc. , but color wise they’re ur typical beardy, most bearded dragons have a little yellow n orange some more than others , bought my dragon as a “fancy” aswell, shes a year and a half, the adult picture is recent too.
She's beautiful!!
I kept telling my wife they are probably normal. But now I can tell her confidently.

Mightaswell

Hatchling Dragon
My boy brain is huge! At least I think so. We got him for valentines day this year. He is 17 inches. We have had him 4 months. He was tiny when we got him. I got a monster lol. Maybe pinky will be huge to lol.

Latest posts