• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Oscars real color

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like Oscar is going to have a very light yellow and brown color. He is finally shedding the skin on his back and I got a peak under it. So excited to finally see his real colors!!!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah!! I was so excited thinking we were going to see what he looked like!! LOL!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he has not shed enough to take pictures. I just picked up a little piece of skin and peeked and let it fall back in place...I could not take it any longer. He is soooooo slow to shed.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Re: Oscars real color- pictures added

Ok...finally we see his real color!!!! You can kind of see his color, he is a cream with a hint of yellow and black, don't know why I said brown earlier. And I put a picture of this red mark on him. It started out small but has gotten bigger. Any ideas what it is?

100_1324.jpg

100_1320.jpg

100_1319.jpg

here is the red mark:
100_1323.jpg

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
He is such a cutie! I know that you and Oscar will both be glad when that itchy shed is gone.
I dont know what that red mark may be, hopefully someone will have some ideas.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am most excited to finally see his real color. I have not had him that long and his previous owner stained him with this really fine red sand. Until today his true color has been a unknown.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Poor fellow, being in a shed has to feel yucky. I know that when mine shed they hate it. You can see color coming. What a cutie pie!!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He looks beautiful!!! Is that red mark the dye from that red sand? GOOD GRIEF!!! Can you believe they did that? I like that overbite too( I have one of those too!!) I love those eyes!!!

Just reread your post and I don't like the looks of that if it is not dye. Put some neosporin on that until someone comes on and can tell you what they think it is. I'd get it looked at if it doesn't go away!! You know what a Nervous Nellie I am about these things!!! ;)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I love his over bit too. Someone on here said he looks like Grandpa Simpson and he does. We call him Abe sometimes.

The red mark is not dye. It was not there when I got him. It just appeared one day and has gotten slightly larger but not much but has not changed in a while. I know it can not be from crickets b/c with him crickets do not last more then 2 seconds. He catches them mid air as I am dropping them in his viv...I have to record it and post it...it is so funny!!! I am starting to get worried about it but wanted to see if it would go away with his shed. Slyder just cost me $300 for her poop issues she was having so the pet vet fund is running low but if he needs to go he will go, just want to make sure it is something first.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh and he is a little on the skinny side so he is getting fed more protein to put some weight back on him.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know. You could be running to the vet every other day with these guys. I am just such a worry wart. But does it look sore to you? I was thinking could he have rubbed it on something? Or is the light hitting on it that is making it look worse than it is. Maybe Gina or Sandy have a clue. Once that shed comes off it might come off with it. Hope he sheds it tomorrow so we can see. It looks pretty close. I can't wait to see what he looks like once that's all gone. He's such a lucky guy that you found him.

Had to go back and get rid of all my exclaimation points. LOL

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think he did bump it when he fell off his basking spot chasing crickets. He is crazy about them. He fell on his back but got right up and kept eating and running, it is not a high basking platform. I am not sure if that is when it happened. He moves around his basking area so he is not just sitting directly under it all the time. I am thinking it is a bruise and it will come off with his shed, hoping at least that is the case.

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
staylor said:
I am thinking it is a bruise and it will come off with his shed, hoping at least that is the case.

Can Bearded Dragons get bruises? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm just starting to learn about them. ::)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it is not a stupid question, we all have to learn. Can not say for certain if they bruise or not, that is just the best way I can explain it. Sorry I was not much help.

It did come off with his shed so he is back to normal.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think Oscar is going for the world slowest shed record. It has been 2 months and he still has half his head, a small spot on his back, all four legs (except toes) and his tail to go.

Latest posts