• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Orlando Repticon this weekend!

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Orlando Repticon is this weekend! I can't wait. Is anyone else going? Any breeders from this forum going?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Many do not allow visitors to bring their personal pets, at least not here. Vendors only, it's an insurance & disease spread call.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm there! I'll keep an eye open for Yaddle.
Awsome, how did you know that she was going again, lol :D We will be going on Sunday. So if you see us then say hi!

We don't have things like this where i live :( i wish we did! i would totally bring willow along :)
Awww, that sucks :( I'll try to get some pics for you!

Many do not allow visitors to bring their personal pets, at least not here. Vendors only, it's an insurance & disease spread call.
Most reptile shows around here allow us to bring our reptiles, especially the show that are put on by Repticon like crittercon and the F.I.R.Expo. The only one that didn't allow it was the National Breeders Expo (HUGE show!). I am so happy that Repticon lets us do it!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Cool! Here it is not allowed at expos because their insurance coverage will not cover the show if they do &\or the Premiums would be cost-prohibitive. I can understand it, but by the same token, 'A Reptile Extravaganza' & Personal Reptiles are not allowed to attend, just somehow seems wrong. The possibility of diseased animals being introduced by the public, is also an issue, which I can totally understand, too. But around here, it is pretty much geared around the Vendors & Display Booths.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
i will SOOOO be there sunday!!!!! i haven't been 2 a reptile show yet & i am super excited!!!!!! :D told my boyfriend we've got plans 4 sunday 2 go, he said maybe. i told him i'm goin w/or w/out him! haha! definately will not be missing this show!!!! i've been waiting 2 go 2 1!!!!! very excited!!! :D

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, the possibility of spreading diseases is really scarry. I always carry a little bottle of hand sanitizer with me to any place that I take Yaddle. Plus I love the fact that almost every seller booth has bottles of hand sanitizer that people can use.

i will SOOOO be there sunday!!!!! i haven't been 2 a reptile show yet & i am super excited!!!!!! :D told my boyfriend we've got plans 4 sunday 2 go, he said maybe. i told him i'm goin w/or w/out him! haha! definately will not be missing this show!!!! i've been waiting 2 go 2 1!!!!! very excited!!! :D
I told my hubby the same thing, lol. I told him that if he didn't want to go then I would have gone Saturday while he was at work. But he said that he would go with me, awww... he's so sweet, lol. Well, if you see a short lady with brown hair walking around with a beardie on her shoulder then that is probably me ;)

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah, the possibility of spreading diseases is really scarry. I always carry a little bottle of hand sanitizer with me to any place that I take Yaddle. Plus I love the fact that almost every seller booth has bottles of hand sanitizer that people can use.

I told my hubby the same thing, lol. I told him that if he didn't want to go then I would have gone Saturday while he was at work. But he said that he would go with me, awww... he's so sweet, lol. Well, if you see a short lady with brown hair walking around with a beardie on her shoulder then that is probably me ;)
lol yah my boyfriend did the same thing. 'alright i'll go w/yuh!' i will be the skinny lady w/red hair & a few tats. i wud love 2 bring my dragon, but i plan on being there 4 awhile & the drive is already an hr & a half away. i wudnt wanna keep him away from his lights that long. :p hopefully i'll cia there!

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
lol yah my boyfriend did the same thing. 'alright i'll go w/yuh!' i will be the skinny lady w/red hair & a few tats. i wud love 2 bring my dragon, but i plan on being there 4 awhile & the drive is already an hr & a half away. i wudnt wanna keep him away from his lights that long. :p hopefully i'll cia there!
The drive for me is about 45 mins to get there and we are normally there for about 2 hours, depending on how good the show is. They do really well outside of their viv as long as you keep them warm (no problem with that this time of year, lol). The longest that I had Yaddle out one day was for about 6 hours, she ran around so much that she fell asleep on the car ride home, lol.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
well the reptile show wuz pretty cool!!!!!! there were some very interesting & beautiful snakes, lizards, scorpions, turtles, spiders, frogs, toads!!!! :D i loved it! i didn't wanna leave lol. i found a very good priced digital thermometer 4 my beardie, but didn't see ne harnesses! buuuuuuuut, i did come home w/another wonderful addition 2 my family!!!!! a beautiful baby gecko!!!! :) my boyfriend almost didn't let me get it, but since i already had everything i needed for it(other than the 2nd digital thermometer i had 2 purchase 4 my gecko), i got 2 bring 1 home!!!! :D he is so beautiful & i've been wanting a gecko 4 some time now! i also purchased some amazingly priced superworms 4 mr. fattie 2 try 4 the 1st time. he doesn't turn down ne feeder insect & certainly enjoyed em! :p hope u enjoyed the show as much as i did drgnfly!!! :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
well the reptile show wuz pretty cool!!!!!! there were some very interesting & beautiful snakes, lizards, scorpions, turtles, spiders, frogs, toads!!!! :D i loved it! i didn't wanna leave lol. i found a very good priced digital thermometer 4 my beardie, but didn't see ne harnesses! buuuuuuuut, i did come home w/another wonderful addition 2 my family!!!!! a beautiful baby gecko!!!! :) my boyfriend almost didn't let me get it, but since i already had everything i needed for it(other than the 2nd digital thermometer i had 2 purchase 4 my gecko), i got 2 bring 1 home!!!! :D he is so beautiful & i've been wanting a gecko 4 some time now! hope u enjoyed the show as much as i did drgnfly!!! :)
Congrats on your new family member! Post pics!

Latest posts