• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Opportunity

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have an opportunity to adopt a beardie. He has blue/gray eyes though, and I have never seen that color. Does that imply some kind of visual impairment?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The color of his eyes doesn't impact their site. Beardies have been known to have different colors. Blue is rare, but it does exist.

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Id say as long as they look bright and alert and healthy, it doesn't matter what color their eyes are. Most likely just has rare blue eyes. :D

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here is a pic..
blueeyes.jpg

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is really cool. I did not know there were blue eyes in beardies

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah it looks awesome, I say go for the adoption (Provided a vet check clears him/her from any other ailments)
I also didnt know beardies could have blue eyes.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx so much for the link Tom

They are amazing

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for sharing that link Tom...those are some beautiful dragons.

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He is a love, pretty to look at too. Thanks Pogie. Definitely a vet check will be done. He is about 16 months old...Not very big though...About 17 inches.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Debbe said:
Not very big though...About 17 inches.

My 2 must be considered midgets in the dragon world. I think 17 is a good size. Oscar is the biggest at 17.5

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When you see... "micro beardies" you have to take into account, genetics, and husbandry as well as any loss of tail lengths. Yardley is around 16", Lady Annebelle, 14", Orion 20" and Gemini tops the list with 22+".
Both Annebelle and Yardley have lost length, and Yardley was around 9 months old, rescued by the person I adopted him from, when I got him March 08.
He was small then, and small now... No less healthy, though..
Hope this helps.

Latest posts