• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Opinions of mvb

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
Some people are adamant that you cannot use MVBs because you should "imagine" how hot and "deadly" they can get. Others (such as myself) use MVBs successfully to raise perfectly healthy dragons and have used an IR gun to measure temps and set gradients so they don't have to imagine.

From an evidence standpoint, the latter group unquestionably proves the former group wrong. However, if the argument were to evolve as to which is better than the other, there will be no clear answer because both approaches are commonly used to raise healthy dragons.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I used a mvb for about 10 months , i didnt want to spend another 60$ when I already had a housing for it , and the lizard was like 6” , it didn’t make sense to me to get more lights when it occupied such little space, I definitely think u should look around (theres lots of cheap bulbs) if you intend to get one. I’ll probably put one back into my new enclosure when it gets here. Nothing’s better than the sun though, try n give frank atleast an hour a week of natural sun :) if u can.

Latest posts