• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

one year in the books of Beardie husbandry

Paarthurnax

Hatchling Dragon
Finally got around to logging in and updating how this year has gone. Jim was about 5 months old when we rescued him. We had no idea what we were doing from feeding, watering, lighting habitat (geesh what a mess). All the way to today I am the one confident is providing advice on the interweb. Been hanging out on FB addicted page. Maybe I have met some of you there ??? "Joe Ricard"

Jim is now 19.5" long big round and fat, going through his second partial Brumation. He eats all the recommended foods on Beautiful Dragons page. (aka. my bible).

two days ago we rescued two more Beardies :) this makes 3. Pretty typical past owner issues, skinny, skittish, HUNGRY! Each of them ate 18 small Dubia the 1st sitting. 18 more in the morning, plus collards, dandelion, Alfalpha plant leaves.

Jim never ever did a head bob till he seen the other male from across the room (50 ft). Guess they have pretty good eye sight.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jim sounds like a big boy! Good for you for rescuing ! There's special place in my heart for rescues - I think they know. Lookin forward to seeing pics of everyone

Paarthurnax

Hatchling Dragon
IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG
Now with pics

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Finally got around to logging in and updating how this year has gone. Jim was about 5 months old when we rescued him. We had no idea what we were doing from feeding, watering, lighting habitat (geesh what a mess). All the way to today I am the one confident is providing advice on the interweb. Been hanging out on FB addicted page. Maybe I have met some of you there ??? "Joe Ricard"

Jim is now 19.5" long big round and fat, going through his second partial Brumation. He eats all the recommended foods on Beautiful Dragons page. (aka. my bible).

two days ago we rescued two more Beardies :) this makes 3. Pretty typical past owner issues, skinny, skittish, HUNGRY! Each of them ate 18 small Dubia the 1st sitting. 18 more in the morning, plus collards, dandelion, Alfalpha plant leaves.

Jim never ever did a head bob till he seen the other male from across the room (50 ft). Guess they have pretty good eye sight.

Joe, Joe, Joe..you need to come over to Bearded Dragons Anonymous!!!! LOL, I've seen your name on addicts....I was one of the admins that left in October :D

I tend to see dragons on FB or hear a story and think "wait a minute, I've seen them before somewhere".

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good!! way to go!! I agree with patsy I see pictures and think I know this dragon lol lol

Mom2Dovakiin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you know what's really awful? I'm absolutely horrible with special dates (like anniversaries, etc)
The good news? I'll be able to mark my one year with Dovakiin simply because I actually got him on Black Friday hehehehehehe

Paarthurnax

Hatchling Dragon
Ha ha. actually the book of faces gave me a memory from last year and it happened to be the pic I posted of Jim about 7" long and super skinny.

Latest posts