• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ok times are hard but are people really this cheap

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have been reading on kingsnake as i like to do (helps me watch the trends in sales and what not) and i read multiple sale ads from different breeders that all had relatively the same info on payment. If you use paypal add 3% for paypal fees. Really? Basically if a dragon is 250 shipped you would have 7.50 in paypal fees. So you would get 242.50. So people are saying i really need that extra 7ish bux so you have to add it to your purchase price. Thats just stupid in my opinion. I cant believe that people would actually put that in their sale ads lol. Maybe im the only person that thinks this is idiotic but i figured i would share my feelings anyway.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
when you add the 3% for paypal fees, the cost of shipping supplies, and the STATE taxes that some of us have to pay on that money, you'ld understand that in the course of a year it can add up.
Last year i had over over 1200.00 in paypal fees that were counted as income that i had to pay taxes on. That didn't count the income. When the state makes you pay 7%+ on money you never see, it sorta bites.

It's still not my practice, but i don't think it's idiotic for persons to try to recoup their tax liability.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
when you obtain a business license, you have no choice.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dude read my site. I add that 3.25% to all paypal purchases. It just adds up to much over a year.
Now when I start taking credit cards I wont add the 1.7% to the price. Those fees are considered a bussiness expense.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In my opinion it is no different than what a company has to pay to have a credit card machine at their disposa. There is a monthly fee that goes with that but the customer isnt told "hey you have to pay 2% more because you are paying with a card" now it would be differnt if instead of listing something as 250 shipped plus 3% if you use paypal (when 90% of the time that is how you are going to get paid) you just list the animal for x amount more (ie sell the animal at 260 shipped). Sorry i just find it hard to swallow that basically because i person is not able or willing to pay in another way that they would be penalized. I have never bought from a breeder that did this so it is a new concept to me.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
let me also point out that i am in a aggrevated mood today and do not mean to be snippy short or curt even if i am. so i do apologize for any a$$holishness i may evoke.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i thought there was a paypal membership thing you can sign up for that allows you a certain yearly money quota that you wont get charged that fee as long as you dont go over it ???

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
nothing to do with coffee one to many needy annoying people that are more than old enough to know how to do things for themselves but apparently wouldnt be able to get in the F***in office if i didnt do it for them.

wooosaaaaa
woooosaaaa
woosaaa
wooooosaaaaa
:-X

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thought there was a paypal membership thing you can sign up for that allows you a certain yearly money quota that you wont get charged that fee as long as you dont go over it

the least we will pay is still 2%. And that's only if we qualify for merchant rates, which means each month we must sell $3,000.00 min. At least that's with paypal.

Credit card fees are usually calculated in and if you read the fine print on most business transaction contracts, it will state that.

Like I said, it's not my practice to add anything onto my total, but i don't blame those that do

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, all of this is the effect of new state laws, etc. We actually sold off our dial up business a couple of months ago. Yes, there are still folks out there who cannot have high speed internet. Anyway, Maryland law required us to have penetration tests performed on our servers. If they brought a server down, they were not liable.

Additionally, we stopped accepting credit cards because of additional fees. It just didn't pay off for small business. Pay pal knows about these credit card fees and have started their additional fees. Every type of small business is feeling the pains.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol you can call Me cheap all you want. It is what it is and everyone is entitled to an opinion. look at it this way I dont charge for boxes and heatpads. I charge actual shipping.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i did not directly call anyone cheap i made a broad statement about something that i personally have never seen before. i dont see why everyones getting all defensive over my opinion. geez.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well... let's look at it this way, Brian. What if someone were to make a broad statement such as... anyone who breeds for special hets, is an idiot. Okay, how many buttons has that person just pushed ? Not only those who breed the hets, but those who buy them, and those who admire them... Lots of toes bruised, dear. If you were one of those people who either bred or admired or had bought/planning on buying, would you not feel constrained to protest ?

Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i normally hold true to the "if its not directed at me i dont care" montra. everyone is entitled to an opinion and there is no reason to get pissy over ones opinion. I guess ill just shut up on the topic.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hon, i think you fail to understand.

i have no stake either way. it's not my practice.

Considering the outcome, of which you have no "experience" (those with licenses or taxes), there's no way you would contemplate the meaning behind people's fees and reinbursements. Sometimes, things initially make us angry, because we don't understand them, or because we only see one side. Our side. However, for every story there is always 2 sides.
Before making statements that risk your open minded state, and the ethics you consider, you might find it helpful to find out why something is done a certian way.

I don't think anyone was pissy, I think we just tried to make you well informed.

Latest posts