• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Offspring Results

DxSOR25

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok i have a large male beardie. I believe he has some German Giant in him along with some color. Im not really sure he could just be normal. Well i went online and spend the extra money to purchase a beautiful Radient Red female. When the time comes and I want to breed, what kind of outcome would i get from the offspring? Will i get dull red, or some normal some red? Just something i have always been wondering.

Thank you,
Derek

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Derick,
Welcome aboard.
As to what is going to come out of the egg, you just never know. You MIGHT get some reds, some normals. If you do breed down the road I wouldnt call them german giants, because chances are you just have a big male. True german giant bloodlines are hard to come by. It all comes down to what genetics are in the mix. Now I have a red female that I may keep, if I breed Her to a red male I will still get a couple citrus babys because Her dad is a citrus/sunburst dragon. Even though she doesnt show this its in the gene pool so to speak.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As tom said. If you breed them once they are of appropriate size/age, you will end up with a mix. If, and i use that strongly cause you cant judge a dragon having German Giant in it just from size you need to know its lineage to know that for a fact, so if the male is a GG than you will end up with a lot of Oranges and yellows. The reason for this is the GG gene carries a dominant color of yellow.

Latest posts