• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not sure what to do

marjam

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well we have had our beardie almost 2 weeks and he still isn't eating. Petsmart has a 14 day guarantee so tomorrow would be the last day we could exchange him. I don't want to do that but my fear is he is going to die from not eating and then my son will not have one at all. What should I do?

Henry X Stella

Hatchling Dragon
Two weeks without any greens or meat at all?!?! Yikes!! Have you been back to or called the store yet??? I'd be flipping out. What are your temps?? And what all has been offered as food?

marjam

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have offered him crickets, greens, waxworms, mealworms, juvenile bearded dragon food moistened. He has eaten a few crickets and waxworms but nothing like he should be eating. I did talk to the guy at Petsmart and he said I could bring him back cause he isn't sure why he isn't eating. The temp on 1 side is 98.2, other side is 81. He just lays on the hot side all day, doesn't move much and hasn't since we got him.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm having almost the same problem. My temps are good he just doesn't want to eat much.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What are you monitoring your temps with? The temp for a juvi should be 110-115 in the basking spot.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I use a temp gun for now until I'm done building his new viv. Then using thermometer w/probe for continuous temp reading

Latest posts