• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not pooping

HowdyShay

Bearded Dragon Egg
We just have come out of days without power and such here in Texas. We were able to take Stevie to our friends but couldn’ttake a uvb light. So for 2 days she just had heat. It’s been awful. I have a chameleon also and a PacMan frog. We were without power for 4 days. So she hasn’t had a decent poop in several days. She’s still eating and I’m making her drink with a syringe and baths daily. Can I give her something to help move things?
My husbandry is good as this group has been through it with me previously. Her tummy is slightly distended as well. She’s very active.
she’s around 8 months old.
Please no judgment for not having plans in place for days without power. I’m barely holding it together due to other stuff going on... busted pipes and a husband who was hospitalized through this. I did the best I could.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We just have come out of days without power and such here in Texas. We were able to take Stevie to our friends but couldn’ttake a uvb light. So for 2 days she just had heat. It’s been awful. I have a chameleon also and a PacMan frog. We were without power for 4 days. So she hasn’t had a decent poop in several days. She’s still eating and I’m making her drink with a syringe and baths daily. Can I give her something to help move things?
My husbandry is good as this group has been through it with me previously. Her tummy is slightly distended as well. She’s very active.
she’s around 8 months old.
Please no judgment for not having plans in place for days without power. I’m barely holding it together due to other stuff going on... busted pipes and a husband who was hospitalized through this. I did the best I could.
I am so sorry --- so many people dealing w/ that down there and trying to take care of their animals as well as the kids --- you can try feeding her some canned pumpkin unsweetened applesauce or baby food prunes - all of which are good laxatives --- however it may take a few days for her to get settled back in and that is why everything is off kilter -- plus having no UVB as well -- keeping her hydrated will also help - I would lay off the baths too many and it will dry her scales out - if your feeding her salads you can rinse before serving and she will get a lot of moisture thru them - she will eventually go just let her get settled back in - the UVB is extremely important as it helps them absorb/ synthesize the calcium they eat -- she wasnt w/ out long enough UVB to have any real harmful effects of no UVB --- also I dont know the bulb your using but T 8's need to be changed out every 6 months I recommend every 5 and the T 5's once a year I recommend a month prior to ---- hope you husband is on the mend --- please post again if you have any more questions

HowdyShay

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am so sorry --- so many people dealing w/ that down there and trying to take care of their animals as well as the kids --- you can try feeding her some canned pumpkin unsweetened applesauce or baby food prunes - all of which are good laxatives --- however it may take a few days for her to get settled back in and that is why everything is off kilter -- plus having no UVB as well -- keeping her hydrated will also help - I would lay off the baths too many and it will dry her scales out - if your feeding her salads you can rinse before serving and she will get a lot of moisture thru them - she will eventually go just let her get settled back in - the UVB is extremely important as it helps them absorb/ synthesize the calcium they eat -- she wasnt w/ out long enough UVB to have any real harmful effects of no UVB --- also I dont know the bulb your using but T 8's need to be changed out every 6 months I recommend every 5 and the T 5's once a year I recommend a month prior to ---- hope you husband is on the mend --- please post again if you have any more questions
Thank you. I have some canned pumpkin. I will try that. I have a 3 mo old t8. She’s really bad about eating veggies. I’ve been trying different ones and different ways. She loves blueberries but those are treats not veggies.
thank you for your help.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. I have some canned pumpkin. I will try that. I have a 3 mo old t8. She’s really bad about eating veggies. I’ve been trying different ones and different ways. She loves blueberries but those are treats not veggies.
thank you for your help.
Ok your T 8 should be inside the tank w/ NO clear plastic cover over the bulb --- distance should be 6-8 inches directly above her basking decor piece --- the screen blocks approx 30% of those rays and the cover even more -- is she eating and salads at all? You can try adding some worms like supers or meal worms to the salads to get her to the bowl but only feed a few like 1-3 of them -- you want her eating that salad

HowdyShay

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok your T 8 should be inside the tank w/ NO clear plastic cover over the bulb --- distance should be 6-8 inches directly above her basking decor piece --- the screen blocks approx 30% of those rays and the cover even more -- is she eating and salads at all? You can try adding some worms like supers or meal worms to the salads to get her to the bowl but only feed a few like 1-3 of them -- you want her eating that salad
Yep. Mounted inside her enclosure. I am working on all the tricks to get her to eat salad. I sneak it in while she’s eating something else etc. It’s a work in progress. She gobbled up some pumpkin soo we shall see. I got her to drink some water too.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hun don’t sweat it, you can’t control Mother Nature and it’s truly is awful what’s been happening in Texas. It’s great news that all your pets are still doing well and I hope your husband feels better soon. You are doing a great job and there is no need to worry, if a beardie is active that usually means that they are healthy. Because she didn’t get uvb for a couple of days that means that she didn’t get a chance to fully digest her previous food. That’s ok because she now has uvb again she’ll be able to digest the food fully. And because you are keeping her fully hydrated as well as bathing her there’s no need to worry about dehydration or even impaction. If you’d like you can always give her a drop of extra virgin olive oil it does act like a laxative for them. Hopefully she goes to the bathroom soon and that regardless of what’s happening you are staying healthy and safe through these times. Hope I was able to help and take care

Latest posts