• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

not eating veggies w/calcium, help please

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oscar has decided he will not eat his veggies if his calcium is sprinkled on them. I tried hiding it, changing up the veggies, putting it on his favorite foods, nothing! He will go without eating for 2 days before I cave and feed him veggies with no powder. How can I get him his calcium? Should I do tough love and make him go without eating until he gives in and eats it anyway? Should I mix it with some water and force it with a syringe? He is 5 so he does not eat many live feeders but would much rather eat them over veggies.

Please help

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I do dust his crickets but he only gets 30 once a week. I tried keeping more but they die before I can feed them all so I just get what he will eat in a day.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Maybe the liquid spray on calcium. Maybe he doesn't like the powdery taste

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Personally I've never used it but I've seen in at the pet store. Maybe someone else could help out there.

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
A potato in the cricket cage will keep them alive for the most part of a week as well.....

Latest posts