• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Normal Shedding?

BeardedDragon's°For°Life

Hatchling Dragon
Hey, When my bearded Shedd it's swats in different places.. For Example: Today he is shedding on his arm, head, and tail. It's kinds weird......But is that normal? He also has been getting a little more grouchy, and Idk if it means he wants food or what but when I'm about to feed him he sticks his tongue out and tries to eat my finger xD Thanks!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes, it's annoying but they shed in different places and you saw my picture of Luci. The worst is shedding just a toe or two or a toe, it's like really come on just shed the whole foot and leg! Dexter just went through one where she shed the base of her tail then an inch section, then the tip, then another inch section. I don't know if there really is anything to do to make it happen more uniform. When they were babies it was much easier.

They can get grouchy when they are shedding or lethargic. Some don't want to eat much and some like mine want to eat everything they can. Luci usually runs around his tank like crazy but since he's been in this shedding pattern he just basically sits in his tank. He will run a bit when we let him out and last night he just wanted to hang on to me (which he never does).

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! That's okay, I understood what you were talking about :)

Latest posts