• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Noise and unintended light

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Banyon's tank is in...I guess you'd call it the "foyer"...of our house. Its been there since i got him almost a year ago. It does get foot traffic, and noise from the dining area and livingroom can be heard. No drafts so thats not an issue. I put a bath towel over the edges of his tank (mindful of heat from lights turning on automatically the next day) so excess light is mostly blocked off. He tends to zonk out pretty fast after "lights out". You think his entire set up should be moved to say, the spare bedroom or somewhere that's less used? Reason for my asking is due to his recent health issues he's still not eating much and wondering if this might help? I also posted a question about the best multivitamin... in the "diet" thread.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Foot traffic along with normal day to day living shouldnt pose a problem to your dragon. Ambient light from another room should not either. If light is a concern. You could cover his enclosure with a sheet. If he has a night time ceramic bulb for heat. You will want to turn this off if it is A) not hooked up to a thermostat B) able to touch the sheet.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
OK thanks :) He doesnt have any heat source for nighttime as his temps stay in the mid 60's at night. His tank has always gotten wrapped with a bathtowel to keep him from excess light. I have his lights on a 12 on, 12 off light cycle, we both work second shift so they come on at 12 noon and go off at 12 midnight. The towel keeps daylight from waking him early, also keeps him from most household light when we get home from work.

Latest posts