• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

No appetite

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
Hi there
So my Lizzy over month ago was slowly losing appetite. Her poop wasn't looking to good, lots of water and not digested properly. After I've taken her to vet she was diagnosed with coccidia - get her medication ( 10 days of 0.04ml Sulfarium). Last dosage was given her 5 days ago. Her poop looking better but her appetite didn't came back. For last month I was feeding her with organic baby food ( sweet squash and chicken no sugar added) mixed with liquid calcium. Also was trying to give her some prebiotic from soya yoghurt, yet she dosent want to eat anything, even her favourite wax worms :/
Was trying to feed her today with something more.. solid and prepared portion of Repashy Superfood. Was trying to put that on edge of her lips and she's starts making weird noise when she's trying to bite. In the end she pushed food away with tongue...
Trying to get another appointment with my vet, but got nothing available atm.. gonna have to wait till 28th Dec.
Any idea what's might be going on with her?
Added video with that sound she's making

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_143238_130.jpg
    IMG_20201208_143238_130.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 10
  • 20201204_104654.jpg
    20201204_104654.jpg
    839.5 KB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there
So my Lizzy over month ago was slowly losing appetite. Her poop wasn't looking to good, lots of water and not digested properly. After I've taken her to vet she was diagnosed with coccidia - get her medication ( 10 days of 0.04ml Sulfarium). Last dosage was given her 5 days ago. Her poop looking better but her appetite didn't came back. For last month I was feeding her with organic baby food ( sweet squash and chicken no sugar added) mixed with liquid calcium. Also was trying to give her some prebiotic from soya yoghurt, yet she dosent want to eat anything, even her favourite wax worms :/
Was trying to feed her today with something more.. solid and prepared portion of Repashy Superfood. Was trying to put that on edge of her lips and she's starts making weird noise when she's trying to bite. In the end she pushed food away with tongue...
Trying to get another appointment with my vet, but got nothing available atm.. gonna have to wait till 28th Dec.
Any idea what's might be going on with her?
Added video with that sound she's making
Keep an eye on the weight till you get her back in -- it is not uncommon for the appetite not to come back for a while - not sure about the noise shes making -- was she taking the probiotic at all - you can add a drop or two of honey to see if that will entice her to eat -- you can weigh her on a kitchen food scale -- weigh in grams - but I would keep track of it -- is she going to be retested for the coccidia? Make sure your cleaning and disinfecting that tank where she poops every time she goes as the coccidia can come back - I would be using paper towels in there just so you can make sure its out of the tank -

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
I've removed anything not necessary from the tank, she pooped most of the time during her bath. Weight is honestly the same for last month. 195g and dosent change atm.

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
So on Thursday went to vet. Done X- ray/ blood tests/ fecal sample tests. Results - she's in excellent condition, but not eating :/. Vet recommended to not feed her with syringe and wait till she's gonna be hungry. It's been 4 days... she's still not eating and I'm close to give up and syringe feed her again.
Should I continue to starve her ? How long she can stay without food?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So on Thursday went to vet. Done X- ray/ blood tests/ fecal sample tests. Results - she's in excellent condition, but not eating :/. Vet recommended to not feed her with syringe and wait till she's gonna be hungry. It's been 4 days... she's still not eating and I'm close to give up and syringe feed her again.
Should I continue to starve her ? How long she can stay without food?
Dragons can go a long time w/ out food - keep offering her food and insects -- keep her hydrated and watch her weight if shes sustaining it thats good - if she starts to loose a lot of weight then its vet time again -- shes gotten lazy and has depended on you to feed her it sounds like -- feed her her favorite foods - what she likes the most -- try adding a little honey on it so she gets a taste of it -- most like sweet and the honey will not hurt her -- use raw unpasteurized honey-- it is not uncommon for them not to get their appetites back after being on medication for awhile just watch the weight keep her hydrated

Latest posts