• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
A lot like butternut squash and bell peppers - any color. Put a mound on the bottom of the greens.
quote]

My baby does not eat veggie either but I did find he about chomps my hand off with red bell peppers.

Heather said:
Now I'm finding myself settin up a home for crickets. ::) ;D Boga has been eating up to 10 med a day, so we're settin up shop for crickets. Mealworms are comin home tonight.

How stubborn can these guys/gals be? He hasn't touched his veggies at all, an with havin to get birds to eat fresh vegs/fruit, I'm sure I'm in for a wait. I'd just like an idea to measure by. ;)

Babies can be a pain in the butt to get eating. I am still working on mine. I found that he like to be hand fed his veggies or sometime I put a couple of Phoenix Worms on top of the salad so the salad is moving and he accidently eats some of his greens as the worms are working their way to the bottom of the dish. Then once they are at the bottom they make the salad move so he is interested in tasting what is moving so he is tricked into eating some of his salad that way too.

I also saw that you said he is eating medium crickets. Not sure how big he is but you want to make sure the crickets are no larger the the space between the eyes. I feed 3/8 inch crickets and from the pictures yours looks about the same size as mine. Buying crickets online is much cheaper then in the store, babies will eat 25-100 per day. I just ordered 250 crickets from http://www.ghann.com/index.cfm. They have good prices and I was very happy with the quality of the crickets. I also ordered my worms from them, also great quality. After doing research and talking to people on here the Phoenix worms seem to be the best for babies. They have well balanced nutrition, very high in calcium and low in fat.

I found a cheap good home for my crickets was an 18 gallon storage bin that I picked up for $4 at Kmart cut a hole in the top and covered it with screen. Put some egg crates, food and water and they are happy as can be. It only cost me $4 and a few strips of duct tape, I get the screen from the curb of someone who was throwing it out and until I found the screen I taped a piece of an old t shirt over the hole.

Hope you are enjoying your new baby...they are so much fun.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Forgot to tell you that website has a cricket sizing chart to help you figure out what size crickets you need by comparing them to a penny. I also feed my little guy small Phoenix worms to help you figure out what size worms if you are going to try them out.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mixing mango and strawberry into my salads got my adult eating them. My juvie I got as a week old hatchling and just offered them daily. It took about a month before he tryed them and another couple of weeks before he actually would eat them.

Latest posts