• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie to dubia roaches

ZillaBest

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hiya, I'm looking for a bit of help with starting to feed Zilla dubia roaches. He was previously on hoppers but was becoming impacted and I think this was the main cause. So I'm hoping to start him on roaches instead. He is 18 inches from nose to tail, I'm just a little unsure with the size to go for.

Any advice would be great, along with any other feeder insects and where is best to order from within the UK

Thank youu

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I dont know any places that ship to uk sorry :( , your beardie should be able to handle the largest roaches they offer, my girl is 20 inches and she ate a winged adult the other day just fine :)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
U should look into craigslist and look for a large roach starter colony , youll be ordering every week unless u start a colony, plus you’ll be able to monitor the nutrition going into the roaches themselves :)

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If your letting them eat too fast and suck down the prey with not really chewing it can cause undigested stool not having the proper lighting can also be an issue it defienlty isn't the crickets but something with the husbandry what vitamins are you using and is he on a varied diet of greens ? The best feeders are silk worms , Locust , hornworms , BSFL , multitude of roach species

Latest posts