• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Viv Setup

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
So because I have the new babies coming I decided that I'm not too happy about the setups or the size of the vivs so I've ordered new ones, I will share a picture of one identical to the ones I'm getting. the size is 5' long by 3' high by 2.5' deep. These are custom made to my specifications and the sizes can be changed if needed.

I found a great breeder and she recommended the man that's making my viv's, he made hers too and the pic I'm gonna share is hers the beardies in it are my babies mum and dad.

Basically I have a strip bulb for UVB 10.0, I think the ones I have in are 3' long with a single 100watt basking bulb central to the strip.

What do you think? I would really appreciate some help as I'm not 100% on the direction of these setups yet. Should I get the viv's made slightly bigger or smaller? Lighting is a major concern for me I don't want anything to go wrong and put them at risk. They will have a new setup each and they will have the lighting setup identically.

523798_426139497446699_744753885_n.jpg

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi: they suggest over a 40-minimum or large and a 20-long for babies. But i like it-are you getting 2 ?? And they say for the uvb bulb to be placed under the tank and in close range with basking area. I like it and will post mine when i set it up-he's only baby right now and i have him in a 20-long.May i asked a question?? Did you have babies before-sorry not to offend but i have not seen you on the forum before.Very nice home coming up for them-bella-aka-river-7

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Hey Bella, Yeah my profile pic is the babies I had before, they passed I'd had vet visits about 2 weeks before and he said everything was fine they went very suddenly, I'm still a bit puzzled about it all to be honest, they passed in the blink of an eye. They were VERY young and I was silly to get them so small but I hedged my bets and brought them home because I knew they would at least have a good quality of life here with me I couldn't drag myself away knowing they were going to end up with people who most likely had no experience with lizards. Unfortunately I think the stress was just too much for them at such a young age and I lost them. These new ones are much bigger far healthier looking and I'll be honest the lady is local I have no worries about confronting any issues with her she is very nice and I trust her judgement, I think this time I feel more confident with them. I will be getting 2 babies and 2 setups I won't be keeping them together at all after last time. Thank you for your reply Bella :)

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Khaleesi; I am so happy for you getting 2-more babies and not giving up-unfortunatly[sp] things happen threw no fault of ours and i am wishing you all the best with your new babies and i'm sure it will all be good for you this time.and you have good support in all directions .which is wonderful.This baby is my first ever b/d and so far so good. He is starting his shed today.and i had never owned one before but bought my G-daughter a crested gecko and g-ma got a beardie lol. I think mine is around 6-7-weeks eating good and adjusting very well. Can't express how happy i am for you and you will succeed-How can you not when you love these animals. Best of luck and again i love the set up and your babies will too. bella-aka-river-7

Latest posts